Quiet pubs

Guest bostonaire

Crown and Glove in Stannington, very quiet cos it's mostly older people who frequent it even though I class it as my local.

I used to frequent the Sportsman in Stannington but it got full of idiots off the estates who caused trouble all the time and acted like chavs.

Yeah the Sportsman is an awful pub now.

Crown and Glove is nice, but straight across from it is the Hare and Hounds, which is full of loud underage drinkers.

Yes I am underage, but when I go for a drink at least I do it quietly

Originally posted by tslogf74

The Gardeners' Rest on Neepseed Lane has a non-smoking room, it's quite small though. There's also no swearing allowed, if memory serves.

Yes, quite right...the non smoking area is a pleasant conservatory at the rear. The atmodphere is friendly, and its quiet most nights except Saturday (sometimes live music) and Sundy (quiz night).

The Fat Cat, on Alma street, near kelham island has a no-smoking area.

There are real ales, too, and fantastic food.

it's a proper, "pub-y" pub, not one of those dreaful theme-y type pubs with their wattered down "bright" beers, (YUK!)

it's a great place.

well worth a try

PT

Originally posted by Rich

Crown and Glove in Stannington, very quiet cos it's mostly older people who frequent it even though I class it as my local.

I used to frequent the Sportsman in Stannington but it got full of idiots off the estates who caused trouble all the time and acted like chavs.

I didn't know that the Crown and Glove was a no smoking pub now? Surely the older poeple who go in will not stand for this, you have to have lived in the village 40 years before you are accepted in there after you have picked up the accent.

Sportsman I only visited once and it seems like I missed it's charm as it was full of idiots and the bus stop got smashed.

Same with the Hare and hounds but I remember visiting when I was not old enough to drink, although all I did was have some games of pool,etc.

But how long will it be before they bring in no smoking at the local?

Archived