The Hen & Chickens Pub is getting ready to re-open

nickyjones8

Well those barred scumbags ain't coming HERE!!!! We cleaned up the Dove from November 2006 and barred a considerable number of drug taking losers and morons who used to drift across from the Hen and Chicken and the old Cannon pub..under the former management a lot of druggies and morons were coming in, but that stopped from day one.....when you get barred from the Dove it's for life and no exceptions.....now if only places like the bankers Draft would clear out some of their morons, this part of town might be even more pleasant than its rapidly becoming.

Well done to the Hen and Chickens........that is what i like to see, a good firm approach! maybe we can rid town for good of all these scumbags if everyone bars them for life!

My daytime Manager and staff are under strict orders to evict any 'scumbags' with no exceptions....because only be ridding yourself of all the gross social misfits can you get a decent and popular pub where anyone can come and feel right at home and totally safe, 100% of the time. Maybe some pubs feel they cant bar too many people else they will lose too much custom, but what does that say about the type of pub it is and whom it is Dependant on for custom? I would rather not have a pub at all than have one full of scum....

Well those barred scumbags ain't coming HERE!!!! We cleaned up the Dove from November 2006 and barred a considerable number of drug taking losers and morons who used to drift across from the Hen and Chicken and the old Cannon pub..under the former management a lot of druggies and morons were coming in, but that stopped from day one.....when you get barred from the Dove it's for life and no exceptions.....now if only places like the bankers Draft would clear out some of their morons, this part of town might be even more pleasant than its rapidly becoming.

Well done to the Hen and Chickens........that is what i like to see, a good firm approach! maybe we can rid town for good of all these scumbags if everyone bars them for life!

My daytime Manager and staff are under strict orders to evict any 'scumbags' with no exceptions....because only be ridding yourself of all the gross social misfits can you get a decent and popular pub where anyone can come and feel right at home and totally safe, 100% of the time. Maybe some pubs feel they cant bar too many people else they will lose too much custom, but what does that say about the type of pub it is and whom it is Dependant on for custom? I would rather not have a pub at all than have one full of scum....

And as you know, I love my job :hihi:

The landlord was a class 'A' drug user for 24 years and has been clean now for 5 years. They have got rid of all the drug dealers and now offer advise and help to other users.

I take my hat of to them and wish them the best of luck for the future. I'll pop in for a pint, it's a proper pub and there's not many left.:thumbsup:

Does that mean its reasonably safe to go in it for a pint now?

Popped in friday and it was alright. Him and his partner came across as really nice. Best of luck to them.

It will be good to see a refurb.

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I decided to venture into the Hen and Chickens this lunchtime. I have to report it was a very pleasant experience. The food was reasonably priced and nice, as was the beer. The staff were friendly and polite.The cliental were nothing out of the ordinary, mainly shoppers.

We shall definitely go back again, especially for lunch. The pub is greatly improved since I last ventured in and I think it deserves a chance to attract a new clientele and thrive as a welcome "proper" pub in the city centre.

Archived