Sniper

Hi all they say Sheffield is the city of sport

but there is little or no motor racing like

the W.R.C or like in London F1 cars there

is lots of field sports and water sports

but no motor sport that have a lot of

following and will make sheffields small

traders of money.:)

What kind of motor racing do you mean. How many cities have WRC or F1 - F1 only Silverstone (if that) WRC tours around the country as does the BTCC - but they can only hold these events where there are facilities. I couldnt think of anywhere in Sheffield with a large enough flat area to host a decent size race track.

AFAIK there are some rally cross events held round the grounds of Chatsworth apart from this the only other thing is Speedway (which is very succesful) and Karting - which there are loads of indoor and outdoor tracks.

I must say Im a little confused as to what exactly your asking

Mat:confused:

Hi mat we dont need flat raods for W.R.C cars and we dont need specail tracks there are a few cities in the uk where they make a cerciut and race I carnt remeber off the top of my head but I think cardiff has one I'll look on the W.R.C web page on that.

What I wanted to know was why is there no motor sport

in sheffield.:clap:

• 1 year later...

In the good old days of the 1970 the Norfolk Park was used for RAC hillclimb events which were very successful and well supported.

Unfortunatly the do gooders of the day objected to the noise and smell (1day of the year ) and it died a death.:)

The cars that took part ranged from ex F1 cars to home built specials, so everyone had a chance to compete didn't matter what the size of your bank account just the willingness to take part.

Archived