Hare & Hounds in Dore!, & other pubs!

Romario

Hi

I used to be a regular at the Hare & it was good!, people you knew pool to play, good music, Ken & John were there & it was a good place to go, especially early bar (5-7) & later on late week days!

Now it is ****, the owners (Bass, Ember inns)

have tried to get rid of the locals & tryed to turn it into a place that it isn't!

The place is now empty & has no character!, the lack of pool room has tacken away a lot of trade & no juke box, just terrible tunes that no locals want to hear.

The chillis, the Stones, REM have now gone & all we hear is ****e that are played by the money grabbing brainless companys that just want to turn good pubs into boring, characterless places!

Ah, good old Ember Inns eh? A kind of fake 'real pub company'. I had fish and chips at the Prince of Wales at Banner Cross and frankly it was a joke. That pub too used to be good - and REAL! They also took over the Sportsman at Crosspool. One visit is enough.

They're not in it for the beer; they're not in it for the 'food'; they're certainly not in it for the atmosphere (resembling a morgue) and so it doesn't take Carol aren't-I-wonderful Voorderman to work out what they are in it for:-

MONEY!

Just one thing - the bar staff at the sportsmans in x-pool are mostly a good bunch, and always stop and have a chat!

If you really want to see a pub in peril, go to the Plough in x-pool! IMHO gone down hill a lot since it changed hands.

I agree - used to be a Hare & Hounder myself... many a fun night had there!!

and what has happened to Hanrahans, changing it to Casa was bad enough but now it resembles another Ember Inn!! Only went in once after refit and was totally disappointed - if anyone has been in recently and it is good please let me know!

we really must take of the good pubs left in sheffield or else it will all be soul-less eateries or meat market bars... there's only a handful of good pubs and an even smaller handful of decent bars to go drinking in... IMHO!

Archived