Paypal issues

Don't even get me started on buying things over the internet! Have a look at this thread, where I've paid about $600 for an order that was never delivered (ordered June 2004).

I've totally lost faith in buying anything over the internet :(

• 6 years later...

How long does it usually take for payments through Paypal to process? I became a seller for the first time yesterday, sold a cycle helmet and it got bought almost straight away; ebay is saying that the payment was "initiated" by the buyer yesterday but is STILL "being processed".

Usually instant. If your Paypal account is linked to a credit card or bank there may be a hold there - I bought something last week and added a £2 donation to charity on it.

My CC company held the payment and rang me later that day to check it was my transaction because the donation was "out of the ordinary" for me! :)

How old is the oldest ever resurrected thread? :)

I had a Paypal question so I resurrected this thread instead of starting another Paypal thread.

I have a cycling question too, so I have just resurrected a Sheffield cyclists thread rather than starting another :)

Archived