What is love?

how anyone could feel love for someone who knows or even has an inkling of the above is quite beyond me. I really don't mean that in a derogative or augmentative way dofa, but i do only have to get a whiff of manipulation or games and i'm out.

If your above is a definition of love then you can have it.

Love i would imagine is never the same for two individuals with an interest in each other and that's where the troubles usually begins imo. Love is also the ultimate in control..whether controlling or being controlled. Even the basics of reasoning go out of the window when you allow total manipulation.

but that is what love does!!!

hmmmm well why o why does he not let me go then?

Because I assume you are also completely devoted to him too, so it would be a bit of a waste to end something so good! :love:

(Just my theory, like!) :roll:

John X

How anyone could feel love for someone who knows or even has an inkling of the above is quite beyond me. I really don't mean that in a derogative or augmentative way DofA, but I do only have to get a whiff of manipulation or games and I'm out.

If your above is a definition of love then you can have it.

Love I would imagine is never the same for two individuals with an interest in each other and that's where the troubles usually begins IMO. Love is also the ultimate in control..whether controlling or being controlled. Even the basics of reasoning go out of the window when you allow total manipulation.

Just this is what generally seems to happen to one or the other. Love is so many other things as well, but when it goes wrong - for whatever reason ...

It's not a case of one or the other person being manipulated. It's one of those things that is really difficult to put into words.

But anyhow - that's how it affects a lot people at some time or other.

hmmmm well why o why does he not let me go then?

Why do you need him to let you go? Seems strange that to prove you love someone you have to let them go. And then what? If the couple are lucky one will go back to the other and profess their love - but often such things are said in the heat of the moment there seems no going back. Words spoken in haste, or in anger, or in pain ... and those words are there.

I do not understand why if you love someone you have to let them go.

Because I assume you are also completely devoted to him too, so it would be a bit of a waste to end something so good! :love:

(Just my theory, like!) :roll:

John X

I am devoted to him but will not be his dirty secret, it was fun at first but it is just hurtful now.

Too strong for the headgames.......and too stubborn.

He also knows about certain things and chooses to skip the subject of them.

Why do you need him to let you go? Seems strange that to prove you love someone you have to let them go. And then what? If the couple are lucky one will go back to the other and profess their love - but often such things are said in the heat of the moment there seems no going back. Words spoken in haste, or in anger, or in pain ... and those words are there.

I do not understand why if you love someone you have to let them go.

Because you are bad for them maybe?

I am devoted to him but will not be his dirty secret, it was fun at first but it is just hurtful now.

Ask him to introduce you to his parents and meet his sister.

That will prove whether you are a dirty secret or the love of his life.

John X

Ask him to introduce you to his parents and meet his sister.

That will prove whether you are a dirty secret or the love of his life.

John X

Already met them but he knows what i am talking about a keeps refusing to accept it :rolleyes:

Because you are bad for them maybe?

Or maybe not.

What about the love that goes both ways. You let the person you love go - to prove you love them - and like I said - the hurt and the harshness and eventual nastiness puts a barrier between you that becomes more and more difficult to shift - no matter how much you both may want to be together. Gets to a point where there is just no conceivable way back - so you both endure needless suffering.

If two people cannot look each other in the eye and say tio one another "I love you" then there is nothing, and letting the person go proves zilch.

Or maybe not.

What about the love that goes both ways. You let the person you love go - to prove you love them - and like I said - the hurt and the harshness and eventual nastiness puts a barrier between you that becomes more and more difficult to shift - no matter how much you both may want to be together. Gets to a point where there is just no conceivable way back - so you both endure needless suffering.

If two people cannot look each other in the eye and say tio one another "I love you" then there is nothing, and letting the person go proves zilch.

I agree but how many other people does he say it to at the same time?

Archived