What is love?

love is....

"Women: Can't live with them, can't bury them in the back yard without the neighbours seeing."

or

"Men are simple things. They can survive a whole weekend with only three things: beer, boxer shorts and batteries for the remote control.."

For me love represents a time that was the happiest, and saddest time of my life, a feeling so overwhelming nothing else mattered.

Yeah, I would agree completely with that.

To suddenly find myself in love for the first time was a feeling, so strong I even had to speak to him in the middle of the night. He was the first person that came into my head when I woke, and the last person I thought about at night, and all the moments in between.

Agree again except I didn't get to speak to him very often in the middle of the night. Although I do remember having whispering phone calls with him where, although it was lovely, it was difficult to hear him sometimes. :)

He is the nicest, most honest man I have ever met, and I shared things with him that I could never share with anyone else, nor would I want to.

I told him things about me that even my best friends don't know about. I just knew I could tell him these things.

I am now paying the price for falling in love, and its not an emotion I would want to engage in again partly because no one will ever match up to him.

I don't intend ever letting myself feel like it again. He hurt me too much when he ended our relationship.

Never having had a child I wouldn't know how this measures up in terms of love,

I do think you have different types of love for your partners, your parents, your children and your friends.

but if I had to make a choice between this man and my family, then he would have been my choice, it was only circumstances beyond my control that prevented it.

Couldn't agree more.

yumyum, you've said almost exactly the same as I would have. :(

"What do you get when you fall in love?

You get enough germs to catch pneumonia,

And after that he'll never phone ya,

I'll never fall in love again.....

I'll never fall in love again."

Wise words there mate!

Love is;

Not having to be with them all the time but they are always in your mind somewhere.

When you are in the same room, that knowing glance, that shared thought, that mmmmm feeling even when you are not together.

That person comes ultimately above every other decision that is made, as long as they show you the same respect.

Not being afraid to challenge but respecting you for having a different viewpoint and wanting them to know what you think and what they think.

Admiration for someone in whatever way. You've got to be slightly in awe about something.

Oh yeah and a couple of other levellers;

Holding someone's hair back whilst they puke.:gag:

Hating them for what they've done and loving them at the same time.

"What do you get when you fall in love?

You get enough germs to catch pneumonia,

And after that he'll never phone ya,

I'll never fall in love again.....

I'll never fall in love again."

Wise words there mate!

Love is;

Not having to be with them all the time but they are always in your mind somewhere.

When you are in the same room, that knowing glance, that shared thought, that mmmmm feeling even when you are not together.

That person comes ultimately above every other decision that is made, as long as they show you the same respect.

Not being afraid to challenge but respecting you for having a different viewpoint and wanting them to know what you think and what they think.

Admiration for someone in whatever way. You've got to be slightly in awe about something.

Oh yeah and a couple of other levellers;

Holding someone's hair back whilst they puke.:gag:

Hating them for what they've done and loving them at the same time.

That's lovely. I think everyone can identify with that. The last point is especially true.

This says it all...

Love hurts, love scars,

Love wounds, and marks,

Any heart, not tough,

Or strong, enough

To take a lot of pain,

Take a lot of pain

Love is like a cloud

Holds a lot of rain

Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts

Archived