Hen Night ideas please?

sunnydays

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your ideas - We've got lots to think about now, unfortunately we don't have that much time left to arrange it!!

Funnily enough, we've got everything else in place, but somehow kinda forgot about the hen night...lol

due to various friends settling down i've been on a few lately!! one was a weekend to manchester in a really nice hotel with a spa which was lovely, another we hired a fire engine limo with a disco in the back and had a night out and the other was a weekend to wales in a cottage by the sea. the last one was fab. gorgeous place, lovely pubs, and random actiivities to do - powerboating, karting, quad bikes, pratting around on the beach. wasn't very expensive either, about 50 quid each for 2 nights in this really massive cottage overlooking the beach.

Hi, Just thought you should that aware that the law has very recently changed and now ALL vehicles used for this type of hire MUST BE LICENSED. You would be wise to ask the licensing status of any company you are considering booking. If they claim to be licensed ask who with and then verify this to be on the safe side. If they aren't licensed and get pulled your daughter and her friends could end up walking. You can find further information on the Department of Transport and VOSA websites. Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for that Sandra - It's weird you should come on and post that message, as I was ringing round a few companies this morning for prices etc., and one guy said exactly the same thing!

I will certainly check them out before we book - I'd hate to be left stranded on the side of the road with a group of giggling women....lol....

Glad to be of help. Limo companies are well aware of the change in the law but unfortunately it hasn't been very well communicated to the general public. You assume that if a company is advertising a service that they are operating legally, sadly this isn't always the case. If you want a recommendation try American Dream Limousine who are a reliable company and licensed with Rotherham Borough Council for up to 8 Passengers. Their number is 01709 522235. Hope you have a great night!!!

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your ideas - We've got lots to think about now, unfortunately we don't have that much time left to arrange it!!

Funnily enough, we've got everything else in place, but somehow kinda forgot about the hen night...lol

Any more thought about a drag act for your party? I see you are focusing a lot in particular on hiring a limo/fire engine for the night, but do give the idea of live cabaret at the party venue itself a think!

Archived