Aunt Sally - Glossop road...it's going to the dogs

Wayneos

Went there a xmas 2006 and had a really nasty experience, we were regulars before that and was dissapointed & decided to stay away, we however decided to give it another shot and went back, food was back to normal (Well just short of what we were used to) but have been again tonight and after a 45min wait have decided to never go back, don't want to go into details because I'm going to put in a complaint and the manager may well use this forum, but rest assured, if I don't get the reply I want, I will be publishing full details and warning any potential customers to stay well clear...

Has anyone else found it to be declining rapidly, particuarly the night shift...?

We went a few months back and it was "ok". Wasn't great, wasn't awful. Typical cheap pub food to be honest, no doubt 90% microwaved. We said we'd probably not go again, but it's definitely gone downhill from a few years ago

We go there quite regularly on Wednesday nights. The food is generally ok and the service is friendly. There have been a few occasions where we've had to send food back and a few forgotten orders but its otherwise quite nice. The 2 for 1 deals are quite good value and I quite like the menu. The specials are often good too.

My only real gripes about them are that they sometimes close the kitchen early if its quiet, so we get there and there's no food, and they don't have any decent bitters. Oh and the bloody smash. Mashed potatoes should start with potatoes, not powder.

They do have decent soft drinks though. It's tricky to find anywere else that does decent food late on a weekday evening.

Used to be amazing, pay £8 - £12 for 2 really nice meals, the staff have always been ignorant but they never get tipped by me so as far as I'm concerned they don't like me & I don't like them. But the food & service, well let's just say for the quality and price you'd be better off in mcdonalds these days :gag:

We also went there for Christmas dinner, end of 2007 though. It was ok although the boiled spuds hadn't been done enough. Everything else was tasty though and the service ok from what I remember. We went in a few weeks previous and were told there was a 90 minute wait. We took our friends back to our house and had tea there instead. Cheaper and we all had a good laugh. Maybe they're only on the ball for 'special' days. :rolleyes:

lets be fair here, you went for a meal on sunday afternoon/evening and had to wait 45mins. thats not bad.

we go to aunt sally's quite a lot and the staff are always friendly & polite. on the odd occasion we have had a meal not quite right, its been replaced without fuss.

oh, its also flippin' good VFM.

oh, its also flippin' good VFM

True, can't deny that...if you buy 2 meals then it's great VFM, but say you was to go in alone or say as a group of 3 and you was the 3rd person, paying full price, would you still be :thumbsup:...? I doubt it, if you would then maybe you should try getting round a few more places. It is true that if you kick up a fuss then they handle it very well, xmas time 2006 I complained and they handed us a full refund (They originally offered us our next meal free but I told them I would never return), this time however when asked if the meal was ok, I refused to answer to avoid both embarrassing them and myself, my partner is very timid and just says yes so makes me look silly then if I stand my ground...if however my daughters meal was out of the bin and burnt I would have complained because she can have no less than perfect (Sorry :D)

True, can't deny that...if you buy 2 meals then it's great VFM, but say you was to go in alone or say as a group of 3 and you was the 3rd person, paying full price, would you still be :thumbsup:...? I doubt it, if you would then maybe you should try getting round a few more places. It is true that if you kick up a fuss then they handle it very well, xmas time 2006 I complained and they handed us a full refund (They originally offered us our next meal free but I told them I would never return), this time however when asked if the meal was ok, I refused to answer to avoid both embarrassing them and myself, my partner is very timid and just says yes so makes me look silly then if I stand my ground...if however my daughters meal was out of the bin and burnt I would have complained because she can have no less than perfect (Sorry :D)

i hear what you are saying but i go with the mrs and the kids so the 2-4-1 suits us fine. as the kids are still quite small, they tend to share a kids meal which isnt 2-4-1 and there is never any hassle in getting another plate.

if the meal you had was that bad, i think it would have been better to complain at the time.

anyway, good luck with the complaint - if you get your money back, you should be £6-7 better off.

can i recomend you try the dore moor inn next sunday - fantastic but not 2-4-1!!!

Archived