Aunt Sally - Glossop road...it's going to the dogs

Wayneos

I think the 2 for one idea can be taken further for places like these...

2 for 1=half priced meal

• = half as good food as you would get elsewhere:gag:

• =twice the waiting times as half the staff are employed as in other pubs

wetherspoons is another example of people paying next to nowt and then complaining.

I get your point, but whether you pay £11 for 2 meals or £80, you have consumer rights (I believe that's the right term) and if you feel you have been treated poorly, then you have he right to complain. If you're happy to sit back and be treated as a doormat then that's cool...I have been to the likes TFI's and paid £80 and had poor service etc and complained there too...should I stay quiet and let it continue :huh:

wetherspoons is another example of people paying next to nowt and then complaining.

Excuse me but after the experience I got from a Wetherspoons on Friday (not a Sheffield one I might add) means I am going to complain.

Decided to buy at least 3 drinks before "agreeing" to buy food. Food "eventually" turns up. One of the people with us got bangers and mash. The so called creamy mash had to be cut with a knife!!!

I got Chilli and the dish had a chip in it (not the ones you eat) and to make matters worse, some guy decides to walk in and start painting the walls. Now I have done my food hygine and they are certainly a no no. Just incase they decide to argue about it, I took pictures

We usually go on a sunday and have learnt to take the sunday papers for while we are waiting.

Devonshire on Ecclesall Rd does Sunday lunch. Simple, 2 home roasts, Vegetable lasagne for Vegetarians, Soup for starter and choice of desserts. £2 for soup, £4.95 for main course and £2.25 dessert.

Plenty of parking and its all home made veg cooked to order etc, we may not have the choice of Aunt Sally but what we sell is of much better quality and our kitchen has gas and ovens, not hundreds of microwaves!

I challenge anyone to try it, should they think the food is better at Aunt sallys ill pay for you to go there once you have been here, can't say fairer than that.

Excuse me but after the experience I got from a Wetherspoons on Friday (not a Sheffield one I might add) means I am going to complain.

One of the people with us got bangers and mash. The so called creamy mash had to be cut with a knife!!!

I got Chilli and the dish had a chip in it (not the ones you eat) and to make matters worse, some guy decides to walk in and start painting the walls. Now I have done my food hygine and they are certainly a no no. Just incase they decide to argue about it, I took pictures

We also have 'real' mash, and we make our home made chilli, that we have to make in 8 kilo batches it is so popular.

I get your point, but whether you pay £11 for 2 meals or £80, you have consumer rights (I believe that's the right term) and if you feel you have been treated poorly, then you have he right to complain. If you're happy to sit back and be treated as a doormat then that's cool...I have been to the likes TFI's and paid £80 and had poor service etc and complained there too...should I stay quiet and let it continue :huh:

In paying your money you are only paying for edible and sufficient food. Any other extras like quality of service, lack of rudeness and short waiting times are surely a bonus in places like aunt sally. Only ever eaten in wetherspoons once..never again.

Would rather eat in McDs etc as the quality/service/price issue is much more transparent.

We have bought fish fingers and chicken nuggets in so called foody pubs that should be dog food rather than childrens meals.

I have been a 'regular' at Aunt Sally for a few years, one or two meals a month and I agree it isn't what it used to be.

I have now switched my allegiance to the The Fulwood Inn, the food is about the same but the environment is a lot better, the staff are friendly and you get table service - none of that queuing up palaver at the 'food service' counter and then having to go to the bar for drinks.

Archived