Aunt Sally - Glossop road...it's going to the dogs

Wayneos

Mmmm. That's not what you said here. Not at all in fact.

Ask anyone that has worked in catering/kitchens if thy have seen things they would rather not have done to their food and you will find a 99% response rate, to things that are dropped and picked up, to far worse.

If you thought these things didnt happen you would be kidding yourselves, things like scores on the doors and council hygiene just help to enforce some general standards. There is one pub in Sheffield been shut at least twice that I know of for health violations that has been forcibly shut once and has reopened only to be warned again and the place was full te whole time (though on the recent scoring i believe they scored some rating) but for at least a yr it is somewhere i would not have eaten.

Anyone fancies watching their food be cooked can do as our kitchen has an opening in to the pub should you wish to stand there and watch feel free!

Some friends of mine were refused a third bottle of wine.

The member of staff ('member' being an apt title) said that as they had had two bottles and were with their children (aged 9 and 11 or thereabout) they would not be allowed another bottle.

Sounds like Aunt Sally in name and deed.

Erm, that's fair enough, I don't think it's probably that good an idea to drink more than one bottle of wine when your looking after children. And if one partner wasn't drinking it certainly isn't a good idea to start on a third bottle of wine when you're with your kids.

Erm, that's fair enough, I don't think it's probably that good an idea to drink more than one bottle of wine when your looking after children. And if one partner wasn't drinking it certainly isn't a good idea to start on a third bottle of wine when you're with your kids.

i agree with this, although it shouldnt be up to the staff to refuse, parents should know better. However I wonder what the policy is if there are several adults there, for instance if me and my children were with a group of friends with no children (doesnt happen as i have no social life but i can dream!!) i would expect me to limit myself but wouldnt expect there to be restrictions on what the others were drinking?

i agree with this, although it shouldnt be up to the staff to refuse, parents should know better.

Of course it should be up to the staff. They're selling the alcohol and should be within their rights to refuse to sell it to anyone who they think has had too much or enough.

Two bottles of wine between two adults SUPPOSEDLY looking after children is plenty.

And YES, parents should know better, but that's the effects of alcohol for you.

It's not just aunt sally's, see this thread

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=292188&highlight=wetherspoons

Of course it should be up to the staff. They're selling the alcohol and should be within their rights to refuse to sell it to anyone who they think has had too much or enough.

Two bottles of wine between two adults SUPPOSEDLY looking after children is plenty.

And YES, parents should know better, but that's the effects of alcohol for you.

It's not just aunt sally's, see this thread

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=292188&highlight=wetherspoons

thats not what i meant, i meant staff shouldnt have to say 'no we cant serve you any more, you've had enough' i meant the parents should think 'i'm out with the kids, i'll have a couple of glasses and thats it'

Note this though

Originally Posted by Ousetunes

Some friends of mine were refused a third bottle of wine.

Could mean a party of them were refused a 3rd bottle really.

Although I agree if it was 2 parents with kids then definatly they shouldnt be having a 3rd bottle of wine.

As for Aunt Sallys been once and thought it was awful and we never went back.

Archived