Aunt Sally - Glossop road...it's going to the dogs

Wayneos

• 5 months later...

I know what people are saying about Aunt Sallys, but we went last night with a voucher for 2 can eat for £10.

It was emailed to me by the pub chain. We got tear & share garlic bread to start & then could choose from the classics menu (we had scampi, but you could have steak, pies, salads,burgers, chicken etc) & then you chose 2 drinks (pints of beer, lager, or glasses of wine or pop)

All in all very good value, but remarkably & surprisingly fantastic service. Seriously all the staff were v friendly, helpful & speedy.

So if you haven't been for while give it a try ........ go back ...hopefully like us you will be pleasantly surprised & glad you did...... :thumbsup::hihi::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I assume you must work for them, judging by the sheer volume of folk on here (me included) who have had the direst of dire experiences eating out there (And I have even given AS's a second chance, and went back... an experience which was worse than the nightmare which was the previous meal there)

(my experience = vile food, surly and unhelpful staff, long waits, BTW)

Nope I do not work for Aunt Sallys, in the restaurant trade, or have received any reward, other than in giving my opinion in the democracy I live in !!! Stop trying to argue your values with other peoples, some of us can think for ourselves !! And remember never assume

For a 2-1 boozer, it is the same as the rest, for example if they are busy and ou ask for a medium steak it'll be cooked as the chef wants to cook it, usually well done, but if it's quiet the steak is cooked to perfection.

All in all I like it, not only is it cheaper than usual but it's friendly service and worth the money you pay!

All in all you can't beat it!?!?

Nope I do not work for Aunt Sallys, in the restaurant trade, or have received any reward, other than in giving my opinion in the democracy I live in !!! Stop trying to argue your values with other peoples, some of us can think for ourselves !! And remember never assume

Fair enough, but I think that, reading this thread, mine and other's negative experiences democratically outweigh the good experience you had.

I've been there for four meals. three were dire, one was "so-so". The staff's attitudes were "pee-poor"... I certainly shan't be bothering them again.

When you try to explain to a staff member, that your granddaughter's chicken nuggets were so over-microwaved, that we could not even cut them with a steak-knife, that my OH's "rare" steak was utterly cremated, far beyond "well-done", and that the meal was generally inedible, you do not expect to be met with a shrug of the shoulders, and a grunted "...And....?" from the staff member.

I went once for lunch and the food was totally vile. My oh left virtually all of his - when he was asked if he'd enjoyed his meal, he said "no, not really", to which he got a dirty look and a humphf. Never again!

wonder if it was the same staff member as the one that gave us a shrug and an

"...And...?"

when we complained?

Archived