Supermarkets make billions of pounds profit while paying staff minimal wages...

Why do supermarkets make all these half yearly billions pounds profit? ANSWER ; Paying part time (flexible working staff) minimum wages with a smile on there faces making you think you have to doff your cap every time you get your so called wages.No wonder the riff raff not working putts two fingers up to the establishment.Politicians get real (go down Pitsmoor at 12.00 at night.)

Perhaps it's because those on the minimum wage in these (or any other company) are hardly doing what could be called a skilled or responsible job? If they want more cash, they should work to get a skilled and/or responsible position. Simple.

So just because you are not skilled you dont put in a full days work and labour just as hard.
No it doesn't but it does mean there are many other people that can do the job. therefore the supply of labour is much greater so the demand is less so the pay is low because someone, somewhere will do it. Thats just economics, it sucks but thats the way of the world.

Look at it from the other angle - why should they pay more? It's supply and demand. There's no apparent shortage of people willing to work for minimum wage, so why pay more? They are, after all, businesses. Businesses are created to make money. You can't call something obscene because it's performing well. We're not (yet) in a communist state.

As mr discodown said- its simple economics- the jobs are unskilled so why should they be paid a skilled persons wage?

if you don't like it- go get some qualifications and some expierence and go get yourself a better job- no-one is stopping you.

As mr discodown said- its simple economics- the jobs are unskilled so why should they be paid a skilled persons wage?

if you don't like it- go get some qualifications and some expierence and go get yourself a better job- no-one is stopping you.

I am a qualified craftsman this is not a moan on my own behalf.I care about other people beyond myself.

Not skilled or responsible working in a supermarket? Think about that next time you hand them your bank card. Or pick up some fresh meat and veg and hope they've washed their hands and not sneezed on it. Or wonder why that packet of biscuits is all broken. Or maybe why the checkout guy has for some reason decided you don't look 18 so won't serve you with booze - this was what my mate did when a certain local popstar gave him some "I'm better than you" attitude. :hihi:

Anyway. It will come to us all eventually. As more and more people get better quals they'll be taking the same attitude with the IT service staff and the mortgage arrangers and the nurses and the train stewards soon...that's alright though, so long as Richard Branson can afford another hot air balloon...

Archived