Supermarkets make billions of pounds profit while paying staff minimal wages...

Tesco turn over is around £60 billion on which it makes a PRE TAX profit of around £1.5 billion. So after tax it is making a profit of around 1.5% on turnover. Hardly massive for a company who provide jobs 260,000 people.

So everyone who works at a supermarket is a monkey?

Not everyone, just 95%, how can you have job satisfration by stacking shelfs alday? can you feel the incentive to get up prepared yourself for another day of stacking cans of bake beans?

Not everyone, just 95%, how can you have job satisfration by stacking shelfs alday? can you feel the incentive to get up prepared yourself for another day of stacking cans of bake beans?

I put my question to the organ grinder, I wasn't expecting a reply from his monkey but thanks for your charitable effort.

Would you class yourself as a 'Monkey?

Originally Posted by auto98uk

I normally disagree with everything you say, but these 2 posts I agree 100% with.

You just said what I was going to say. Tshombe must have had a visit from a altruistic ghost telling him to change his ways or he's been hit on the head with something heavy. Either way, good on you Tshombe and well said.

I appreciate your graciousness, even though we may cross swords we can still show respect.:)

I work with some well educated women (I'm not one of them) that have stressful jobs , they often say....All I want to do is work at Walmart stacking shelves............. .

I work with some well educated women (I'm not one of them) that have stressful jobs , they often say....All I want to do is work at Walmart stacking shelves............. .

You’ve got it, horses for courses, after over 30 years in heavy industry I am looking forward to semi-retirement, shelf stacking or pushing trolleys around Asda car park.

Astoundingly some people don't work for job satisfaction they work because they have to find a job that fits around everything else. Supermarkets can be quite flexible and ideal for people given their lengthy opening hours and the stuff that needs doing when it closes.

I'm fairly sure most people don't dream of being a shelf stacker but they have to be practical. no doubt if they didn't work there you'd lable them idle or workshy?

Making demeaning comments about the people who work there shows a superb amount of snobbery.

Archived