Supermarkets make billions of pounds profit while paying staff minimal wages...

It's not easy for everyone actually. Not at all. What makes you think it is?

I know it's not easy because I've done it. I now have two houses in the tropics. Stuff you if you don't like it.

So everyone who works at a supermarket is a monkey?

Pretty much. Most of them I've met were. They eat Tesco's breakfasts and you have to be very stupid to do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by websters gue

So everyone who works at a supermarket is a monkey?

by upinwath" Pretty much. Most of them I've met were. They eat Tesco's breakfasts and you have to be very stupid to do that.

Yeh but if you come from Wath they will be, the same would apply to Maltby. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

That's a pretty stupid lie.....all the supermarket employees I've seen are unmistakably human beings.

Apart from the outlying mining villages where inbreeding has taken it's toll, you can tell the inbred stock, their eyes meet in the middle with a permanent crosseyed look and no nose bridges.:hihi::o:hihi::o

supermarkets arent the only ones - HSBC pulls in billions yet pays its cashiers who take all of our flack - on the frontline - not much more than minimum wage, and asks its staff to do up to an hour unpaid each day - - that supprises most people as we've always thought bank people - ragardless of position got decent wages.. well i live with someone who works as cashier and he sees people on benefits getting more money than him each month! .. isnt just supermarkets.. should be fairness in wages through all companies

So just because you are not skilled you dont put in a full days work and labour just as hard.

Working behind the till at a supermarket was not as stressfull as system adminsitration! Simples..... It's not just about how hard you work!

Um, perhaps the fact that they are at work earning money and not free to go to college? :huh: Heh, and as soon as the Government tries to recognise work based learning we get all the snobs up in arms and getting sniffy about "Burger flipping degrees". The checkout staff are therefore doomed.

Makes me sick as hell that you and me are subsidising Dame Shirley Porter and her mates through our taxes so they can get away with employing staff on poverty wages and know it's all topped up with Tax Credits.

That's what everyone should be annoyed about, NOT about people claiming JSA, those benefits subsidise nobody but the poor. We should be annoyed that the only way millions of British working people can afford to live is because WE pay to subsidise the wages their greedy employers should be damn well paying.

Think about it - your taxes are going towards funding Richard Branson's next private Caribbean island...

So you should be angry at the government for not increasing the minimum wage, not making higher education accessible to people from poor backgrounds & instead subsidising poorly paying employers through tax credits.

It isn't the companies' fault, they're just trying to be efficient, trying to maximise profits for their shareholders & they're getting subsidised for paying low wages. They've been left no option, because it's the only sensible thing for a business that employs a lot of unskilled staff to do, in the present system.

I know it's not easy because I've done it. I now have two houses in the tropics. Stuff you if you don't like it.

Er, when did I say I don't like people doing well for themselves? I was just pointing out that your previous comment suggested everyone is in a position to find time and money for further education.

What's with the attitude?

Archived