British Gas Assessment...HELP!!

Hey guys. Some advice needed please. I have been trying to get a job with British Gas for years, and I have finally got through to the assessment day in Leicester.:help:

Has anybody ever been to one before? What does it involve? How long does it last? What do you have to wear?

I don't fancy going all suited and booted if everyone else is going to be in work clothes.

Any advice would be most welcome.:help:

Hey guys. Some advice needed please. I have been trying to get a job with British Gas for years, and I have finally got through to the assessment day in Leicester.:help:

Has anybody ever been to one before? What does it involve? How long does it last? What do you have to wear?

I don't fancy going all suited and booted if everyone else is going to be in work clothes.

Any advice would be most welcome.:help:

Not sure about advice. Judging by your signature, I assume you're applying for an engineer?.

I used to work at Upwell St (in the office, temping) then worked in their Leeds office when Upwell St shut.

I always wanted to get an apprenticeship with them, but no luck, they weren't even taking on engineers, let alone newbies.

Whatever, good luck with it. :thumbsup:

should be a walk in the park m8.

if you got this far you are obviously qualified so as far as i know it is just an interview so smart and well presented should be fine.

things they dont like.

earrings, tattoo`s and body rings eye studs etcbeany hats,hoodies.. lol.

they will be doing a CRB check to so if you have 1 that will impress them so apply for 1.

take all your qualifications with you and take copies of them too so they can keep there own back up (they will do this anyway it just looks better if you have already done it )

put everything in a nice folder in plastic wallets and a folder.

look organized with your paper work as this is a big thing in BG.

turn your phone off.

dont lie about your experience you will be found out in 2 min flat.

if you really are worried call the number on the letter and ask what is required of you during the interview,it shows confidence and that your not scared to ask if not sure about something as BG are big about team work but also like it that you can work effectively alone

and most of all good luck.. :)

should be a walk in the park m8.

if you got this far you are obviously qualified so as far as i know it is just an interview so smart and well presented should be fine.

things they dont like.

earrings, tattoo`s and body rings eye studs etcbeany hats,hoodies.. lol.

they will be doing a CRB check to so if you have 1 that will impress them so apply for 1.

take all your qualifications with you and take copies of them too so they can keep there own back up (they will do this anyway it just looks better if you have already done it )

put everything in a nice folder in plastic wallets and a folder.

look organized with your paper work as this is a big thing in BG.

turn your phone off.

dont lie about your experience you will be found out in 2 min flat.

if you really are worried call the number on the letter and ask what is required of you during the interview,it shows confidence and that your not scared to ask if not sure about something as BG are big about team work but also like it that you can work effectively alone

and most of all good luck.. :)

Too bad that BGs organisational stuffy you've been talking about doesnt carry through into their customer service & delivery.

i never said they were any good.

they are the most unorganized badly run company i have ever worked for.

but have or did have a great pension and lots of career prospects for the right person.

I only worked for them for 1 year or so. But after moving to Leeds, it turned to what can only be described as embarrassing, answering calls. It was appalling service. The systems didn't work, and there were no engineers on site. Joke.

Yet all my knowledge of the engineers, was they were all really good lads/and lasses. Shame they can't get it right in the call centres.

Thanks for all your replies guys!!

j-l......How do I apply for a CRB check? I have just been on the website and from what I can make out, once you get through interview stage in applying for a job, they will give you a formto fill in and send off.

Also, is there a fee?

Archived