Searching for a good Sheffield body piercer

A bit of a ressurection of the thread - but I was wondering, does anyone know how much it is to get my helix pierced in one of the reputable piercers that's been mentioned in this topic?

I was in Mancheter yesterday and nearly got it done at the Manchester Piercing *whateveritscalled* and they were charging £10 for a ring and £15 for a bar, which is a bit cheaper than the place I was thinking about going to, I think it's £15-£20 there. I paid £28 to get my tragus done there, which I've been told was a bit expensive, so I was really up for getting done out of money, even though they were really good.

usually about £15-20 quid. And, when someones sticking needles into your body, cheap doesnt always equal good. Basically, you get what you pay for. Go to Feline on Hickmott Road, theyll see you right.

Originally posted by slh73

usually about £15-20 quid. And, when someones sticking needles into your body, cheap doesnt always equal good. Basically, you get what you pay for. Go to Feline on Hickmott Road, theyll see you right.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Obviously I don't want to go anywhere dodgy, I just don't want to over-pay. That sounds so contradicting!

I think I'll try there, because reading this thread, they seem the best place.

i had my nipple done 4ys ago in sheffield marketts and my friend had her tongue done there and had nothing but trouble with it so put me off a bit,,

but 2y ago i had my tongue done in ingoldmels at a shop called the black orcid in fantcy island it self..i was not in pain at all with it and but was told not many can have it done,as sometimes the vains in ur tongue are to close,lucky for me i had no bleeding at all and the woman that did it says that is very rare to happen so i was lucky,i had it done on a sunday the day befor i was due to go home..all sunday day/night all i eat and drank was nothing but slush drinks and wahed my mouth out with salt water 2twice a day,..by next morning it was a little better but i did feal a bit flu type syptoms comeing on,but by t-time i was able to eat and since then i had no problems,,my mate that had it done in sheff took her nearly 2months to be able to eat solid foods... think it all goes on how u take care affter..ither that or i heal very fast as you not able to change my 1st bar for over 6weeks ,but affter the 1st week i could change it.

• 3 months later...

i agree with badhairdo ive had my tongue pierced now for over a year, had no problems with it whatsoever. only things what annoyed me is people staring at you like you are sum mad freak when you are talking to them, so all i do now is stick my tongue out at them and that soon stops them staring.

"One thing to note with tongue piercings is because of the position of the the veins in the tongue not everyones tongue can take a piercing - go along to a reputable piercer (the two already mentionsed have good reputations) but in the unlikely event that they say they can't pierce your tongue don't go get it done on some dodgy backstreet place!"

If you go to a skilled piercer there is no reason why veins would prevent you from having a tongue piercing. I have pierced lots of tongues with centre veins. Worst case scenario, you catch the vein, it swells instantly instead of over a period of two to three days and bleeds when you insert the jewellery, and takes a little longer to heal.

I dunno wether Badhairdo is a good piercer or not but Jane at Feline told me that she has refused to pierce some people with a centre vein in thier tongue. She has always come across as someone who cares more about the welfare of her customers rather than being the kinda person to do a piercing just for the money.

If you are thinking of getting any kind of piercing then follow the advice of 95% of the people on this post and go to Feline. They know what they are doing and wont pierce your veins!! Ouch!!

Jane at feline also pierced my tongue and rates highly in my books. I have been told I am a good piercer. I was trained by one of Mr Sebastians apprentices and spent the last year working at a busy London studio, averaging at least 4 tongue piercings a day, 6 days a week. Draw your own conclusions.

Archived