Veggie food in Sheffield

Lotusflower

Is kum qwat mae still there? I love the blue moon, however when i ate at KQMae both our main courses were still frozen in the centre. Which i;ve never experienced anywhere else- so at least it was novel!

Kum qwat has been closed for about a year.

Blue Moon is nice.

There is different food everytime I go, there is no set menu it's all cooked on the day.

Hi we at the bohemian have a seasonal menu which changes every month keeps things interesting. We have dishes from all continents and try to keep things simple but tasty hope to see you down there.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I wondered if anyone has any recent recommendations? My friend turns 40 in March and shes a veggie. We're trying to arrange a nice meal (evening) and as I'm a weird carnivore I've no clue where is decent!

The Forum chain are pretty good too, with the Olde House being my preference, and a cool venue for a 40th. Also the Rutland usually have something veggie and original. fat Cat always has veggie stuff but it is very basic fayre.

I know this is an old thread but I wondered if anyone has any recent recommendations? My friend turns 40 in March and shes a veggie. We're trying to arrange a nice meal (evening) and as I'm a weird carnivore I've no clue where is decent!

If your friend likes Indian food I'd suggest finding a decent Indian place, as veggies usually get a lot more choice from an Indian menu than most others. Aagrah is supposed to be good, I like Kashmiri Aroma (although it's in Woodseats so no good for going for anywhere nice to drink before or after)

Platillos is probably my favourite place in town for plenty of veggie choice, although as it's predominantly a tapas place it's better if some of the other people in the party don't mind having a few vegetarian dishes too so your friend will have a range of dishes on the table she can go for.

If you're not too familiar with vegetarianism (and apols if this is telling you stuff you already know), watch out for those places that label dishes with a "V" despite them containing cheese with animal rennet in. As a veggie it's pretty irritating to go somewhere where there is only one veggie option on the menu and it turns out it's not even actually vegetarian at all. The Relax Eat Drink places seem to be offenders in this respect (either that, or they are saying their dishes contain Parmesan when they in reality contain a cheese that is vegetarian and therefore not Parmesan). I seem to recall that fish place on Glossop Road also did this a while ago, although I haven't looked at their menu for ages so don't know if they still do.

Hope you find somewhere good and your friend enjoys it

Archived