New Club Arundel Gate roundabout

paulaart2007

From the plans, is that the building on the corner, thats been empty for years (next to a printers I think) that was for sale with planning consent for bar/restaurant? I seem to remember it being something like connexions years ago? Its kind of behind Howden House and next to the Roebuck?

I'm not good at reading plans, or with road names in town :blush:

From the plans, is that the building on the corner, thats been empty for years (next to a printers I think) that was for sale with planning consent for bar/restaurant? I seem to remember it being something like connexions years ago? Its kind of behind Howden House and next to the Roebuck?

That's the one.

Will it actually open 24 hours or simply have a licence that allows it to open 24 hours?

at a wild guess - the latter i'd have thought.. cannot quite see the demand for a tuesday morning deep house event.. but you never know

;)

The latter makes far more sense. So its probably that.

There I know of lots of pubs in the countryside which have 24 hour licences, solely because it was easier to apply for the maximum amount of time they might possibly want to open than to continually reapply every time they wanted to change their operating hours.

I don't think any of them have ever been open 24 hours straight, latest finishes being in the early hours of January 1st each year when everyone's gone home.

There I know of lots of pubs in the countryside which have 24 hour licences, solely because it was easier to apply for the maximum amount of time they might possibly want to open than to continually reapply every time they wanted to change their operating hours.

I don't think any of them have ever been open 24 hours straight, latest finishes being in the early hours of January 1st each year when everyone's gone home.

I spent a bit of time in Sydney some years ago & there were two or three 24 hr bars - come 7am it was a strange mix of clubbers on their way home, people who'd just finished working at other bars, shifty looking characters & alkies...

at a wild guess - the latter i'd have thought.. cannot quite see the demand for a tuesday morning deep house event.. but you never know

;)

Hey, you never know! Perhaps a set from Sasha / Digweed for brunch on Thursday might be the revival the industry needs?

Hey, you never know! Perhaps a set from Sasha / Digweed for brunch on Thursday might be the revival the industry needs?

one thing is for sure sheffield needs a kick up the bum to get started again as the club-pub scene died a long time ago ,be good to have somewhere to call in for a drink when we get back from leeds or manchester,and if mr johnson has anything to do with it then its guaranteed to be a winner as he is after all an established operator ,got my vote

Archived