Base Green history?

Karukai

Can anyone remember the road from the Old Harrow to Birley Lane being call "The Nabb"?

The top of Fox Lane, the highest point in the area was the 'Nab'. I knew a chap who lived there and when he queried as to why his house insurance premium had been increased he was told it was extra cover for 'FLOOD'

• 2 years later...
They accepted the offer because Brian Epstein told them to (according to P.S.)

saying he (B.E.) would not renege-albeit verbal- on a business agreement which thrilled a lot of lads and lasses no end. 'Love Me Do' was in the lower reaches of the charts in October 1962 and by the time they got to the Azena, April 1963, they'd gone one better with 'Please Please Me.'

Hi,

I own the Challen Baby Grand piano that Zena owned and that John Lennon played April 63 as far as I know.

Does anyone have any photos of this?

---------- Post added 14-09-2018 at 17:13 ----------

They accepted the offer because Brian Epstein told them to (according to P.S.)

saying he (B.E.) would not renege-albeit verbal- on a business agreement which thrilled a lot of lads and lasses no end. 'Love Me Do' was in the lower reaches of the charts in October 1962 and by the time they got to the Azena, April 1963, they'd gone one better with 'Please Please Me.'

Hello,

I own the Challen Baby Grand Piano John Lennon played at the Azena in 1963. It was owned by Zena. Does anyone have any photos showing this?