Nicholsons theatre school of dance

loubyd

hi i am wondering if any one on here ever went to the nicholsons theatre school of dance it is still going although i dont dance there any more havent done since 93/94. but have lovely memories of being there it was at grimethorpe comunity centre sheffield near wincobank, cant think of road name, the dance teacher was elaine who has two daughters leandra and lauren, the school still enters the dance comps at doncaster, someof the students were nicola sharman and her sister michelle, carrie butler, daniel oldham, sarah and stacie harrison, the fun we had at lessons, the fights we had, the shows at firth park school loved thoose, the comps at donny and stocksbridge, would love to hear from anyone who went there or is still there, marralynne made our costumes and her daughter renata was a wonderfull dancer older than me,she danced with claire bamforth i think it taught me a lot. im louise im 26 it gave me so much i now have my own tap class wed nights 6.30 - 7.30 divas dance and stage school at woodhouse loafds of fun

• 10 months later...

hey louise, i'm from the nicholson school of dance all those years ago. i was browsing here and came across this post of yours. glad to see you are still alive and kicking adn really glad to see that you have your own dance school...actually doing something you love, can't ask for more in life.

those times at dance class were some of the happiest of my life, maybe because i was still young and innocent, but for whatever reason i have lots of fond memories.

so what am i doing...well i kinda went off the rails for a while and had this stupid idea to pin all my hopes on a succession of grunge bands that never went anywhere and drinking, etc, far too much. just about coming round and halfway through an access course to get into uni to do english literature. first thing i've stuck at in years. yeah, i know, so many jobs for literature graduates....but it is something i love. given up on bands for now, long story of betrayal, very boring, but i can't seem to trust most of the musicians i've ever worked with. some sleeping with my girl, some copywriting music i bloody wrote, and a whole load of other crap. i still play the guitar all the time (and won't ever stop) but it's just for fun now.

good god it all seems so long ago. i feel like such a different person.

well i've left the whole life sorting out thing a bit late but i'm getting there.

anyway, real glad to see you are doing well. don't know if you'll see this as you posted it a few months back, but hope you do. irregardless of my semi-whining i am actually feeling pretty good and enjoying life.

take it easy lou

Edited by alcoguitar

• 2 weeks later...

hi omg cant believe its you,glad to hear you r ok and doing something you love. sorry to hear you have been threw some stuff but at least your back on track now, hows your mum and dad? hope they r good, we r all ok, god havent seen anyone from dancing in ages even though i live round the corner from nicola. well i am now married but no kids but i have a dog. oh can you remember when me you an nicola were al reading that aidrean mole book at dancing every week, how much did we giggle, oh and your modern solo to eye of the tiger and you were dressed as a boxer haha and i was made to walk across the front of the stage carrying that round 1 sign ha ha and we did oo7 as a trio me you an carrie, we did have some fun at the comps well hope to hear back from you soon if your on face book i am on there as well so but i am under louise downes

• 1 year later...

Bloody hell, didn't realise there had been a reply to this post. Checked back a few days later and nothing, and I use a different email address now so didn't get a notification.

I'll look you up on facebook Lou, so see you on there.

Passed the access course and currently at Salford University doing English Literature, so life is good! Hope the same can be said for you.

Bloody hell, didn't realise there had been a reply to this post. Checked back a few days later and nothing, and I use a different email address now so didn't get a notification.

I'll look you up on facebook Lou, so see you on there.

Yeah, I remember those old routines. My folks still have videos, which get shown to current girlfriends. Very embarrassing stuff now I'm all grown up, but I had lots of fun at the time. I used to love the competitions. My Mum and Dad are both doing fine, hope yours are OK too.

Passed the access course and currently at university doing English Literature, so life is good! Hope the same can be said for you.

Edited by alcoguitar

• 5 years later...

Hi, I went to this dance school, I was there the same time as Renata and Claire Bamforth. My name at that time was Alex Riccetti. I left in about 1985. I looked Elaine up about 6 or 7 years ago and she was at Grimesthorpe. I joined her troop for a short time, it was good to be back and it brought back great memories. Renata was still there! I didn't keep it up though just didn't have time with family and work etc. Sadly Elaine's mum died during the time I went back, but until then she was totally committed and was always there with Elaine.

Elaine was and is a great dance teacher and she was a a massive part of my childhood.

Hope to hear from other past members

Xx