Looking for a lost uncle - Fred Taylor b. 1944 Sheffield

Hi Everyone , I'm doing my family tree and am trying to trace my fathers brother - Fred Taylor born May 1944 in Sheffield (Southey Green Area) to George Taylor (nee Trickett) and May Taylor (nee Outram) . He and my father (John Taylor b.1942) were left by their parents with their paternal grandmother Blanche Taylor (nee Trickett) who , being 60 and a widow couldn't handle 2 young boys and sent my uncle to Cherry tree orphanage or Fulwood Cottage homes but kept my dad with her !! I believe Fred got in touch with my dad at around age 14 and was living on Pear St or so my father seems to recall , but their grandmother put a stop to it !!??? Would be grateful for any leads , many thanks:help:

The world's gone mad and i've lost touch

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone - l'm still searching for Fred who was born May 14th 1944 at Masters Rd S5 . I've recently managed to find out what became of his and my fathers mother and discovered they also have 2 sisters who were born in the south west around Bristol and both of whom I am now in touch with and speaking to regularly - all a bit strange for my dad who , yesterday on his 67th Birthday got his first birthday card ''To Brother'' - he was over the moon with it as you can imagine !! Therefore I am renewing my efforts to find Fred and try to complete the picture as both sisters would also love to find him , If anyone could help I would be more than grateful !

Thanks Duffems , I did put an ad in a few weeks ago but not heard anything from it , I will keep putting the ad in tho' as it could be that it was missed on that particular occasion - you never know ! ! Fiona is still the contact at The Star and has been of great help to me a few times with various Ads . Thanks for looking anyway mate !

Archived