Park Hotel/pub, Wadsley Lane

KJ_VENOM

It was a filthy dive in my opinion & part of a chain anyway.

In my opinion it was a decent pub. Sorry you felt it was filthy and want to see it got rid of.

I feel sorry for the regulars.

I've been going in there most of my life and it will be sad to see it's demise.

In my opinion it was a decent pub. Sorry you felt it was filthy and want to see it got rid of.

I feel sorry for the regulars.

I've been going in there most of my life and it will be sad to see it's demise.

It might change for the better though. Give it a chance. You have to admit it needed a lick of paint.

It might change for the better though. Give it a chance. You have to admit it needed a lick of paint.

Yeah, it did need a lick of paint. But if it's going to be turned into one of these restaurant\pubs, then it's going to lose it's identity as a pub all together.

I'm sick of seeing the closure of rafts of decent local boozers to be replaced by bland, generic, family friendly food places so some brewery chain can increase its profit margins.

Hi, does anyone know whats happening with the park hotel? I drove passed it today and noticed it was all fenced off...thought it were a bit dramatic just for a refurb or i could be wrong. It also had a sign up to say now recruiting so maybe changing to something else completely????:confused:

From what i am told it is a MAJOR refurb.

it is changing from two seperate rooms to one BIG room downstairs

this will take some time to complete but should look good when done. that is if the brewery spend their money in the right places

heres hoping so

Oh god another pub ruined by busting out the partitions. I have never been into a pub which is improved with the removal of partitions. With them you get far more atmosphere, less annoyance, and the opportunity to have a loud room and a quiet room at the same time. :rant:

Archived