Park Hotel/pub, Wadsley Lane

KJ_VENOM

Not sure - after working in a pub and seeing what went back in the barrels, I only ever drink lager now!

Interesting thought!!!!

However if you can't trust the landlord enough to drink his real ale, don't even think about eating the food.

Anyone who has seen any of the Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares series needs complete faith in the place where food is prepared.

My local has superb real ale and the landlady is very happy to let folk examine the cellar, which is spotless. They are alo happy to let diners look over the kitchen which is similarly gleeming.

In contrast I have walked out of several of the 2 for £7 type of places. When your clothes stick to the table top and your feet to the carpet the alarm bells should be ringing. If the front of house is filthy god only knows what happens out of sitght in the cellar and kitchen.

Checked the place out last night, They have done a find job on the refurb. very keeping witht he building.

Its still the same management team that have run the place over 5 yrs now.

good range of beers and lager. Smiths £1.70 Carlin £2. the do have hand pull but thankfully not any of the strange weird ones like the Barracks sells

wins 10/10 for me

The first, and last time I drank in the Park Hotel I was made to feel VERY unwelcome by the Landlady, she was convinced I was underage! I was 21 at the time! :loopy:

Archived