Positive things about Rotherham

Some of my family are from Treeton (outskirts of Rotherham) and I would love to live there. Nice friendly ex-coal miners village. Nice housing, low crime and great scenery.

Nowt wrong with Rotherham IMHO.

There are worse holes in Sheffield than Rotherham.

Originally posted by Kittykat

The hospital is very nice set in woodland so has lots of trees and squirrels and the staff are very nice, i wouldnt mind working there once ive done the degree, its as good as any in sheffield as far as medical photography is concerned.

I have a problem with Rotherham General, they have a bad rep as far as patient care is concerned and a high mortality rate. Gimme the Hallamshire any day of the week!

• 1 year later...

Not much of a fan of Rotherham, born there, In Doncaster Gate Hospital, lived there all my life, went to college at RCAT which isnt a good college in my opinion.

Although I adore rother valley country park, every sunday in the summer I walk there and spend a good few hours, its a fantastic place, I was considering moving near to Clifton Park but then changed my mind and looking for somewhere in Sheffield

Susie

xx

ROTHERHAM = corner of sheffield where the rubbish is stored

:hihi:

but then again my wife is from rotherham and i lived there for a bit

rotherham forum have you had a look ?? :huh:

true sheffielders always come back home

Originally posted by t020

Most of Rotherham is a bit of a 'hole. The "good" area, Moorgate, is supposedly a nice place to live but if you ask me its just an overpriced area as its nearish to the town centre and has no good areas surrounding it. Rotherham is a good place to go to look at litter, big electric pylons, graffiti, a run down town centre, and factories on every corner with chimneys giving off god knows what. On the plus side, theres rarely any bad traffic, and if you dare live there, its a very cheap place to live. Worst part of Rotherham? From what I've seen I'd probably say Dalton.

Clearly you don't know much about Moorgate and its surrounding little areas such as Whiston, and Broom

It has lovely houses, clean roads ans footpaths, and has always been a very nice area, not because its close to the centre, but simply because its well established and has invididual homes of great character there. The prices are high because there is a demand, and the supply is low. The downside to moorgate is the road is way too busy, especially at the Bawtry road end.

Originally posted by max

2. Dennis McShane.

You are having a laugh arent you. The man is a muppet, he is trying to turn Rotherham into his own personal Euro zone so he can suck up to Tony in the vain hope of getting a cabinet job.

Rotherham - where a monkey could stand for Labour and win (oops sorry already has)

I'm a rotherham lad myself (brinny) and to say it is going downhill would be an understatement, shops in town centre are

bank, pound shop, shoe shop, bank, pub, pound shop, pound shop, chairty shop, bank, phone shop, (you get the idea)

Sad to say it but town centre is dying on its arse when Marks and spencer is replaced by Hitchens!

True a lot of the outlaying region of Rotherham is nice (ulley, Wentworth area) would agree about Rother Valley NOT being in Rotherham.

1) Wickersley where im from, really nice village with nice pubs and shops

2) whiston

3) moorgate

4) roach abby and the surrounding countryside

5) Oldcoates car boot sale- amazing place on a sunday morning

6) Rothervalley country park

7) The police (they are twenty times nicer than sheffield coppers)

8) There is also some really good restaurants in rotherham

Yes it does have alot of drug users and young pregnency but so does sheffield!!!!

Archived