Positive things about Rotherham

We lived in Bramley for 5 years when we got married and like people have said there are good parts and bad. It was when the neighbours continually had thugs with baseball bats smashing their windows or the police there that we decided to move back to sheffield.I wanted a better home situation for my kids. But there are some beautiful parts to Rotherham like Wickersley woods . Both my kids were born in Rotherham so it will always have a place in my heart :)

We lived in Bramley for 5 years when we got married and like people have said there are good parts and bad. It was when the neighbours continually had thugs with baseball bats smashing their windows or the police there that we decided to move back to sheffield.I wanted a better home situation for my kids. But there are some beautiful parts to Rotherham like Wickersley woods . Both my kids were born in Rotherham so it will always have a place in my heart :)

I lived there from 1992 til 2005 - just off St Johns Avenue, that estate was pretty peaceful, but parts of Sunnyside and Flanderwell.... weren't. :suspect: Also, Howard Rd had a reputation, I always thought it looked really rundown compared to the other streets near the middle of the village.

Lived in Rotherham all my life. Went into the navy in 1977. Then moved to NZ 21yrs ago. Rotherham was lovely, when I visited again 8 yrs ago was horrified at the state of the place. Ok, steelworks and coal mine closures nocked the stuffing out of the place. But what got me the most was the overcrowding.

Mind you still have fond memories of rotherham. Norrels Croft and of course the New Broom inn. Lost contact with all Oakwood 1977 leavers :help:

I lived there from 1992 til 2005 - just off St Johns Avenue, that estate was pretty peaceful, but parts of Sunnyside and Flanderwell.... weren't. :suspect: Also, Howard Rd had a reputation, I always thought it looked really rundown compared to the other streets near the middle of the village.

I lived in the middle of Blackthorn Avenue, right on the bend and there was always cars speeding down it. Lived there from 91 to 96 so i may have bumped into you at some time Ms Macbeth ;)

Archived