Positive things about Rotherham

Say what you like about Rotherham, but it has one thing going for it that shall forever seal it as the cradle of civilisation as we know it. The Rotherham Advertiser was the crucible in which the UK's leading literary light, Jeremy Clarkson, was smelted.

Alternatively, that fact alone could render it a candidate for instant liquidation. Hmm...

Mind you, would love to read some of the early South Yorkshire output of Doncaster-born Clarko, in those dim and distant days before he discovered sniffy powder. "If Rotherham was a woman, it would be mature, experienced, sophisticated... a rumbustious, randy postmistress of a town. Rotherham... is the best town I have ever worked in. Today..." And so on, ad nauseum.

Originally posted by Scottandandy

5) Oldcoates car boot sale- amazing place on a sunday morning

6) Rothervalley country park

Yes it does have alot of drug users and young pregnency but so does sheffield!!!!

Oldcotes is in Nottinghamshire (you pass the sign just before the King William pub going from Roche Abbey

Rothervalley is in Sheffield (the address for it is Wales Bar Sheffield) - YET it is run by Rotherham borough council so we can claim it i suppose.

Rothervalley is in Sheffield (the address for it is Wales Bar Sheffield) - YET it is run by Rotherham borough council so we can claim it i suppose.

Where am I?

I have a Sheffield address

I pay council tax to Rotherham

I have a worksop telephone number. :confused:

Originally posted by pj66

ROTHERHAM = corner of sheffield where the rubbish is stored

:hihi:

but then again my wife is from rotherham and i lived there for a bit

rotherham forum have you had a look ?? :huh:

true sheffielders always come back home

Do true Sheffielders support MANCHESTER United? (Your avatar)

I moved from Crookes to Catcliffe just before Christmas from a small terrace to a much bigger new house which cost me exactly the same money! I'm really pleased with the move as the area isn't bad at all and everyone seems very friendly.

Other thing I've been impressed with is the borough council compared with Sheffield city council - council tax all set up with no problems, bins collected on time throughout christmas and everything!

Archived