Positive things about Rotherham

Originally posted by AndrewC

Jeremy Clarkson once called rotherham the fashion capital of this part of south yorkshire.

Sounds fair to me.

this was also when he filmed the scene outside "the crown" in rawmarsh (my old local) proclaiming "Rotherham - its a bit rough" followed by shot of chair going through window

• 1 year later...
Hi does anybody know what flanderwell is like to live in.

I moved from Bramley/Sunnyside last year - just down the road from Flanderwell. Some of the council bit there looks a bit rundown, but there are some nice streets. Minimal bus service unless you're near Bawtry Rd and can pick up the Maltby buses. Nice shops at Wickersley and Morrisons and Asda both about 10 mins drive.

Rother Valley Country Park is in the Borough of Rotherham, not Sheffield, according to Rotherham Council's Borough map:

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/graphics/Visiting/Getting+to+Rotherham/_RotherhamBoroughMap.htm

As said before, I have to agree that Rotherham Council are far more efficient and seem to get things done unlike Sheffield Council. I have lived both in Sheffield and Rotherham and noticed a big difference between both councils.

Rotherham may have it's areas that are run down and the town centre may be a dump, but Rotherham also has some really nice areas and great countryside and I feel the positives by far outstrip the negatives.

• 4 months later...

positive things about rotherham are: its the safest town in south yorkshire, cheapest area, good roads (no potholes) quite safe aprt from CANKLOW, EASTWOOD, DALTON also though rotherham is 70% rural so it as lovely villages like kilnhurst, wentworth, thorpe hesley, aston, harthill etc oh and it also runs rother valley park which to correct people on this forum is in rotherham so is run by rotherham council but as a sheffield postcode as its closer to sheffield and as a worksop phone number as it is really close to the border with the midlands (derbyshire, nottinghamshire) ad with the north (south yorkshire)

bad points: town centre is a dive and as a run down urban area,

Archived