Positive things about Rotherham

Dearne Valley in the next 10 years will be a huge area for business. They've built the road with mini-roundabouts next to huge vacant areas ready to be built on and already there's huge buildings up (or going up).

The whole area is VERY clean, roads are really good and a lot of money is being pumped into it.

It must be good, I work here :thumbsup:

Rotherham also has Liquid, and many many fine females :D

Dearne Valley in the next 10 years will be a huge area for business. They've built the road with mini-roundabouts next to huge vacant areas ready to be built on and already there's huge buildings up (or going up).

The whole area is VERY clean, roads are really good and a lot of money is being pumped into it.

It must be good, I work here :thumbsup:

Rotherham also has Liquid, and many many fine females :D

Where do you work? I live in Wath so I'm local to your place of work. I have to agree with you that the place is on the up and it will be fantastic to see when all the land is occupied with new factories/businesses.

oh yes i forgot about waverly and manvers which are all new areas for the new advanced manufacturing industries which will bring new jos to the town and then there is the new apartments scheme which as started now to make the riverside area look like west street and then opening up the town centre more and making new shops move in so things are on the up again for rotherham it was better than sheffield before but now doncaster as to be the best for shopping etc, sheffield as allways being crap

it was better than sheffield before but now doncaster as to be the best for shopping etc, sheffield as allways being crap

Can't quite agree with you there, sorry! I did say it's improving.. but it has a long way to go.

Doncaster doesn't come close to Sheffield for anything, especially shopping!

doncaster is a lot better than sheffield now, have you being? the new frenchgate which as the same shops as meadowhall as opened in the town centre above the new interchange and then theres the market and the town centre, shops in the frenchgate include, dorothy perkins, hmv, starbucks coffee, primark, republic, next, debenhams etc some are still vacant but most are open now its 3/4 the size of meadowhall now much better than crystal peaks

Still, as much as people complain about it, Meadowhall is very hard to beat considering the amount of shops, the oasis and all the food options, the free parking and the fact it's extremely easy to get to.

I've been past Frenchgate on my way to Marshgate (not a shopping centre :) ) but never been in.

But back on topic.. This whole Manvers/Dearne Valley area will be a massive thing in the next decade.. With all the businesses going up, apartments, 5 - 10 minutes from the M1, 15 mins from the A1. Mark my words :thumbsup:

Archived