Positive things about Rotherham

Whiston crossroads - nightmare, especially those clever so-and-so's who get in the right turn lane as if to go up Moorgate and then cut you up to get back in to go straight on! The people of Rotherham have said a big NO to Supertram up Bawtry Road - the fools - how shortsighted they are. I generally find that Rotherham people have a fear of progress and prefer to live in the timewarp that is 1960.

Whiston crossroads - nightmare, especially those clever so-and-so's who get in the right turn lane as if to go up Moorgate and then cut you up to get back in to go straight on! The people of Rotherham have said a big NO to Supertram up Bawtry Road - the fools - how shortsighted they are. I generally find that Rotherham people have a fear of progress and prefer to live in the timewarp that is 1960.

Oh my god Trishtee this is my pet hate too!! I have to come out of Flat Lane in the morning and if a car lets me out some twit in the right hand lane cuts right into me- EVERYDAY WITHOUT FAIL! :rant:

It was funny last week there was a police car stood in the queue- suprise suprise no-one did it that day!!!!!

Most of Rotherham is a bit of a 'hole. The "good" area, Moorgate, is supposedly a nice place to live but if you ask me its just an overpriced area as its nearish to the town centre and has no good areas surrounding it. Rotherham is a good place to go to look at litter, big electric pylons, graffiti, a run down town centre, and factories on every corner with chimneys giving off god knows what. On the plus side, theres rarely any bad traffic, and if you dare live there, its a very cheap place to live. Worst part of Rotherham? From what I've seen I'd probably say Dalton.[/QUO

There are good and bad areas in every town/city. I do feel that the worst areas of Sheffield however are far worse than the worst areas of Rotherham.Rotherham does not have Sheffields gun culture,problems with prostitution nor drug problems.Well.......not anywhere near to the same extent as some of the areas of sheffield anyhow.

Take a look at Manor Estate.....the worst car crime statistics in EUROPE.

Superlative - When did you last visit Dalton? All the old terraced houses are long gone, now replaced with a smart new estate. Go through Dalton Parva to Woodlaithes & Wickersley and you could be in the middle of Derbyshire if you didn't know otherwise. I get the feeling that a lot of people haven't the faintest idea what Rotherham is like and only know the town centre - just like me really before I moved there!

We recently bought our first house in Rotherham, a lovely three bed terrace all renovated and ready to move into for £90k. We looked at a couple of house around Hackenthorpe/Halfway/ Waterthorpe and for that price you can get a 1 bed flat or a house with no doubel glazing, we got a bargin and i like where i stay, it's not as bad as everyone makes out.

Archived