Indian's on Ecclessall road?

pdrnsf

I was just wondering if anyone has been to a good indian on Ecclesall rd? I went to "ayeshas" on saturday night, and was so discusted by the tiny portions. The meals were about 7.50 ish each and they came out in the most tiny dish ever! i was still hungry when i left!!!! Which ones are recomended? Thanks.

INDIANS ON ECCLESALL ROAD! Good heavens, lets run for it! My guess is that they will try to encirle our waggons ahd then start shooting at us with bows and arrows. Then they will charge with tomahawks aloft ready to scalp......

Ah I see what you mean. You would like to go out for a curry. Sorry. Obvious misunderstanding really.:hihi:

ELINAS on SHarrow Vale road is superb...the best, blows Balti King into weeds (but what doesn't). Massive portions, great service, lovely atmosphere. Very pricey, but worth it.....sampled about 8 of their dishses to date and each one was a gorgeous carefully prepared treat.

PS Can I have a freebie next time

Hi

I have been to the Ashoka on Ecclesall Rd which if i remember right is across the road from the Nursery Tavern. I remember because the waiter came to fetch us when our table was ready!!

The food was really nice, unusual dishes and the service was very friendly..Everything was well served and in a clean and comfortable atmosphere. Also it was my husbands birthday and when the owner found out he gave us free deserts and a brandy to round off our meal. This was about a couple of years ago but haven't heard any bad reports about it there.

thanks all, apart from slimsid2000, oh my. seems that elinas is v popular, i go there too, had one last night, was as gorge as usual! mmm! sag chicken!! chicken multani! and FREE poppadoms!! will try the ashoka op nursery tavern next time then, that seems a popular restaurant! has anyone had a poor meal at ayeshas restaurant then?

• 1 year later...

Archived