Worst Indian Takeaway in Sheffield = The Mangla

ineedtechno

When first coming to Sheffield I was told by this forum and some people that the Mangla was the best indian in sheff... Well maybe it used to be but it isnt anymore!!!

I have read on this site that the owner of the mangla has started up a new indian... when this happens the former place always goes downhill, in the case of the mangla in huge proportions.

Admittedly I have never been into the place itself however

My first takeaway was greasy... I asked for a menu one did not arrive.

So I gave it another chance as so many people hold it in high regard

Second Time...

Asked for a menu again... did not get one even though i explained to the guy on the phone that they forgot the first time

It was two hours late when i phone after an hour and a half the man was rude!

when it came the curry was cold the nann was dry and the meat kebabs were like rocks

I have since complained to other people, with the general opinion it is going downhill with one particular complaint been shocking

My brothers mate found glass in his salad he phones them up

the rude guy on the phone just said they smashed a glass in the salad and it was either no salad or salad with glass in!

HE DID NOT CARE

Best Indians are

1.Cafe Guru

2.the one by the porter brook

3.nirmals (very funny female chef)

Mangla=bad food, bad service etc

PS - Im sure the mangla used to be good but the owner is not running it anymore!

I have been saying this for a couple of years, it's only a few minutes away from me and I still wont order any food from them. The takeaway service is the worst, they are rude, constantly get orders wrong and really don't care. I challange anyone to order 3 standard dishes off the menu then tell the difference / identify them in a taste test, you won't be able to, they will all look and taste the same. Eating in is not so bad but the food is still very oily and they obviously just use cheap chilli poweder for heat as it's the only curry house where I get usettled guts the day after. The Kashmir down the road is better or my favourite is still Gulshan on the Wicker which has had a refit since the floods. Chaman opposite Gulshan is also supposed to be very good. Cafe Masals is good for takeaway but the food is never very spicy but at least they care!

It's a bloody shame the Mangla went down hill but it's not a recent thing, people should try Gulsham or Chamans or Kashmir instead as all three are only minutes away.

I tried ordering from them last year a few times and it was always late (a few hours), cold and often wrong, guys on the phone were really rude. If I want an average curry I have to heat up in the microwave I'd get a ready meal not wait two hours for the Mangla.

I agree with some comments here about the Mangla - I was dissapointed last time I went (about a year ago), and I have friends who have said similar things. A great shame.

On the note of the Kashmir, I find this place is always pleasant. Even though I dont think the curry is amazing (most dishes taste similar) they are consistently good. The atmosphere is down-to-earth, service is good, and when the bill comes I'm always surprised how little it is.

However, last time I was there, about 1 month ago, they had these special starters. Papa-Bombs, I think they were called - anyone try these? My opinion - absolutely aweful.

Any one tried that Indian in that new(ish) fancy place opposite Orchard Square, there's a few shops and bars there too? I never new that place existed till a few weeks ago, just stumbled across it by accident. Who ever planned that one did a good job of hiding it. Someone may know the name of it too?

Ta

Archived