Worst Indian Takeaway in Sheffield = The Mangla

ineedtechno

When first coming to Sheffield I was told by this forum and some people that the Mangla was the best indian in sheff... Well maybe it used to be but it isnt anymore!!!

I have read on this site that the owner of the mangla has started up a new indian... when this happens the former place always goes downhill, in the case of the mangla in huge proportions.

Admittedly I have never been into the place itself however

My first takeaway was greasy... I asked for a menu one did not arrive.

So I gave it another chance as so many people hold it in high regard

Second Time...

Asked for a menu again... did not get one even though i explained to the guy on the phone that they forgot the first time

It was two hours late when i phone after an hour and a half the man was rude!

when it came the curry was cold the nann was dry and the meat kebabs were like rocks

I have since complained to other people, with the general opinion it is going downhill with one particular complaint been shocking

My brothers mate found glass in his salad he phones them up

the rude guy on the phone just said they smashed a glass in the salad and it was either no salad or salad with glass in!

HE DID NOT CARE

Best Indians are

1.Cafe Guru

2.the one by the porter brook

3.nirmals (very funny female chef)

Mangla=bad food, bad service etc

PS - Im sure the mangla used to be good but the owner is not running it anymore!

Don't agree, you must have caught it on a bad night!

Mangla = cheap and good food, never had a problem!

People who have been going there for time will back me on this. The owner has passed it onto another family member.

Biggest Naan Breads ever, for the money you pay

Me and my bloke went in on Saturday night, first time for a year. It was good back then and is good now, inexpensive, nice food, good service.If the place is so appalling why is it always full every time I go past?

Here here, the comments made are mad!

that new(ish) fancy place opposite Orchard Square, ...I never new that place existed till a few weeks ago, just stumbled across it by accident. Who ever planned that one did a good job of hiding it.

Ta

It is a little gem of a palce isnt it, but they didnt hide it, it was the old Sheffield Education Department, was semi derelict for many years and has been just conbverted and done up into restaurants bars etc. There'll be lots of other bars opening up with windows etc looking out onto the main streets so it will be a bit more noticeable.

In defence of Mangla i think it is the mutts nuts, we love it to bits, and go all the time. A few months ago we went and the servic was a bit... none... but since then its picked up again. I mean, it's casual laid back, etc, but i think the food is absolutely top notch and the decor since its refit is very nice too- and nice to see it hasnt put prioces up.

I am not a fan of the Kashmir down the road from it at all, i think the food is pretty plain/ standard, and while i love Basharat the owner he is a really top bloke (think he calls himslef michael as well or summat similar) i think its grotty in there, and the way the outside of the building has been left to rot is just a disgrace, it really brings the area down, compared especially to the new office blcok refurn opposite mangla, the newly done up wicker, etc, Local business liek kashmir should show the way.

rant over, soz.

xx

Archived