Strange recycling man!!

he lives near me and i saw him in the rotherham record a few weeks ago, it was an article praising him as he goes around on his bicycle, with bins tied to the back (ahem*deathtrap*ahem) picking up cans etc which he then takes to the recycling centre. what i really don't understand is that he goes around rifling through our blue boxes and taking our rubbish!! he's doing it now as i write actually, thats what made me post this thread. ok, i know its not rubbish that i want to keep but why go around taking our recycling to the recycling centre!? anyone got any idea?

i've heard talks of introducing schemes where council tax is cut by amount we recycle tec. if this comes in how do we stop people stealing our rubbish??? and don't get me started on the state of the bike that he is somehow allowed to drive on public roads!

it just baffles me!! i wouldn't mind so much if he wants to take my rubbish, but theres empty cans and rubbish lying on the road a few metres away while he's hunting through someones bin. all just seems a bit creepy. even more so at 1 in morning. and then the article in paper says we should all be more like him...erm, no thanks!

lol, maybe wouldn't work so good with beer though!

but i agree - the amount of stuff that goes in our bin and theres only me and my daughter through week and other half is home at weekends, i'd hate to see the amount a big family throw out!

there's money in scrap metal :confused:

yes of coures you will get rich once u understand the business well. I think he sells them and get hunders of pounds out of this bsinesss. even we have the same back home forigners are working in this business just taking things form the rubbish.

all the best for him just keep watching him and once u noticed some changes in his finacial stuts go immidiatlly for this business or join him :D.

all the best

• 3 years later...

You can get money for it, that's why he does it, he's probably totally skint & topping up his dole or something. He could be getting a fiver for a black sack of crushed aluminium cans.

It's easier (although technically illegal, if he doesn't have permission) to get the cans from people's blue bins.

Archived