Anyone on here from hackenthorpe

temptress

I was at Carter Lodge fro '78 to '83 - in the days of Miss Knott (head) Mr Bower, Miss Jones, Mr Foster, Mr Fisher, Mr Madden(!), Mr Barton, Mr York, Mr Forder etc etc

you was either in the same year as me or the year below coz i was at carter lodge at that time

• 2 years later...
Yep! I attended both schools. I was in one of the first classes when RF was first opened.

Carter lodge from '57 to 61......great days!

I started RF when it first opened, Mr Hayter was one of my teachers and Miss Cantor. Then onto CL. I can remember we were asked to suggest names for the new RF school. I can also remember the forge and can still remember the smell of horses being shoed. We used to watch over the half door.

:) that was a little before my time...i was born in '65 ...my eldest brother may have been around at that time .... but not sure coz i not sure of what year he was born.....

Born the same year as me,i went Rainbow Forge but left the area just before i was due to go to Carter lodge.I lived on Carter Lodge Ave all the time i was at RF.I remember Miss Cantor,Mr Atkinson,Miss Quosh and the one with the ginger wig,cant remember her name though oh and Mr.Hutton the P.E. teacher.

My children went to Rainbow Forge in the early seventies.

They were Sarah and Richard Khan. We lived on Carr Forge Close for a few years, until 1974 when we emigrated to Canada.

As Temptress was born in 1965, she may remember Richard who was the same age.

We recently returned from our latest visit to Sheffield. We have noticed many improvements over the years in most areas, although we haven't revisited Hackenthorpe for several years.

• 3 weeks later...
:) that was a little before my time...i was born in '65 ...my eldest brother may have been around at that time .... but not sure coz i not sure of what year he was born.....

Hi! i too was born in 65. My parents moved to hackenthorpe when i was 7. They still live in the same house and i now live in the house next door. I attended RF from about the second year (72) and also moved on to Carter lodge. The teachers i remeber the most are Mr Madden (french), Miss Elliot (german), Miss Jones (drama), Miss Clarke (english). I also remember Miss Pyzer from RF. There are a load more that are comming back to me as i write but too many to write here.

I went to the village school in 1957, Rainbow until I was 11 and Carter lodge untill 1968. I remember walking up Church Lane to the village school, past the Button Factory (Singletons). I was always fascinated bt the huge crates of sea shells piled up outside.They used to cut the buttons out of. them. Anyone else remember them. The factory is still there today doing the same thing.