Old School House Music Your Thing???

johndixon

Thanks Carl mate

I'll keep DQ in mind, what night would you like it to be on...any night in particular???

I'm asking these questions cus I need to know what you the target audience want.

I'll be doing another old skool house mix in the near future so will keep you informed:)

Sat would be best for me, but i'd try and get whatever night. x

The tunes will be from about 92-98.

I was thinking of having the night at the Forum. Its a great little place with a mixed crowd from young to more mature people.

I played there last year and when I dropped in the odd old skool tune, the place went crazy.

What do you guys think???

Ay up John - only thing I would say about putting an 'old school' night on is that you might find yourself getting stuck for tunes to play eventually (daft as it sounds)! It's the same prob I have with soul/funk/disco etc on a Satdee - if you're only playing old stuff it means by very definition that you never get owt new to play, so it can be limiting. I can dig up as many old, obscure gems as I want but come a certain time of night people only want stuff they know, which can leave a DJ in a bit of a rut as there's only a finite amount of records you can play.

Monthly nights might be best, save it from send you crackers. :loopy: Only so many times you can play Gat Decor before you snap it in two! :D

Have fun anyways. :)

Ay up John - only thing I would say about putting an 'old school' night on is that you might find yourself getting stuck for tunes to play eventually (daft as it sounds)! It's the same prob I have with soul/funk/disco etc on a Satdee - if you're only playing old stuff it means by very definition that you never get owt new to play, so it can be limiting. I can dig up as many old, obscure gems as I want but come a certain time of night people only want stuff they know, which can leave a DJ in a bit of a rut as there's only a finite amount of records you can play.

Monthly nights might be best, save it from send you crackers. :loopy:Only so many times you can play Gat Decor before you snap it in two! :D

Have fun anyways. :)

You too?

Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of old school (88-93 were the best years in my opinion) but isn't there enough quality new music out there now to play? These events can only ever really be done as one offs for the reasons Chris gives above.

I can honestly say as much as I love house music, I would never go to a 'classics' night. Much better done when one is slyly dropped into a set of current stuff.

Archived