Old School House Music Your Thing???

johndixon

These events can only ever really be done as one offs

It's not to say don't do them, just don't put yourself in a situation we're you're playing Alison Limerick 3 times a night, you'll need to keep it interesting for yourself as much as the crowd, maybes try to strike a balance between the popular stuff and the connoisseurs choice.

Edit: And get Disco on, it'll just save him badgering you! :hihi:

Yes, what I meant to say is these events work best as one offs or on a quarterly basis. By no means am I saying don't do it, from the response on here there's clearly a market for it.

Don't get Disco on, his idea of a classic is anything played at Hed Kandi circa 2002 :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Thanks for your feedback guys:)

I agree that keeping a flow of up to date house would definately be beneficial as the novelty of old skool classics would wear off slightly if played one after another for hours on end. By dropping them in every so often provides that little build up between each one, also providing that element of surprise for the old skool classics to go down a real treat. I know this from past experiences of playing out...YOU CAN'T BEAT A BIT OF THE OLD SKOOL!!!;)

Which do you think would be best suited for this type of night...Friday or Saturday???

Righty-ho

I'll get some phone calls made and try and establish a date fora Saturday in the very near future (about a month away to be precise lol)

Just another thing, would you pay £2 to get in from 8:30pm - 1am on a Saturday night???

£2 on a saturday night, i'll have some of that thank you.

Also seeing as i am only youing old skool is basically all the top tunes from 90-00 right? Stuff like JX, Snap, i am right in thinking that aren't i?

Edit: And get Disco on, it'll just save him badgering you! :hihi:
I hate you!;) for that pencil me in for a BIO. Clearly its time to put up rather than just mouth off all the time!

Don't get Disco on, his idea of a classic is anything played at Hed Kandi circa 2002 :hihi::hihi::hihi:
I hate you as well! ;)

Archived