Anyone go to butlins skeggy in the 70s

sharonxxxx

just been looking at old photos of me n mi cousins in the 70s at butlins brought back some memories .can anyone remember going there back then things i remember is the swimming pool then there was glass panels underneath and spectators could watch from the other side of the pool ?

and the beaver club is that what it was called ?

and god the loo paper in the challets were like in a box with a slit in it really cheap crappy paper ? funny what sticks in your mind i know :loopy:

and does anyone remember the cafe there it had like a bridge inside and crocodiles in the water not real ones obviuously but i used to think they was lol

anyone got any other memories of butlins to jog my memory a bit more lol xxx

Hey any chance of you scanning those photos in your pc & sharing :)

Hey any chance of you scanning those photos in your pc & sharing :)

i wud but they dont really show butlins just me and my cousins sat in one of them rides that you put money in im afraid also they are on them old fashoined kodak cameras remember them the ones that spit a tiny photo out straight away the piccys are too small and not good quality but its a good idea maybee somones got some good ones to share with us that wud be good xxxx

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the elephant that used to be kept in the shed at the back, when it wasn't being used to carry people around the camp.......if I remember correctly, it walked into the outdoor pool and drowned.

:cool:didn't go to butlins at skeggy that's where posh folk's went ,used to go to derbyshire miners holiday camp just down the road from butlins in mid 1950s- 60s,it was brilliant.Used to go to ingoldmells on motorbike in 60s camping with mates where eastgate is now,there were'nt many vans there then.Linga Longa best chippy for miles!:cool:

:cool:didn't go to butlins at skeggy that's where posh folk's went ,used to go to derbyshire miners holiday camp just down the road from butlins in mid 1950s- 60s,it was brilliant.Used to go to ingoldmells on motorbike in 60s camping with mates where eastgate is now,there were'nt many vans there then.Linga Longa best chippy for miles!:cool:

the name always used to make me chuckle when i saw the linga longa chippy lol

I think I know where you mean - is it in Winthorpe? (across from The Dunes pub?) if so, I am pretty sure it is an old folks home. The Linga Longa is still there!!!

:cool:it was at the top of winthorpe avenue up the road from linga longa,not sure if there was a pub there then,it was flattened and a caravan park put on it ,at the side of it used to be derbyshire miners convalescence home where miners who had been injured or ill could go for rest(free),that may be what is old folks home now.:cool:

Archived