Anyone go to butlins skeggy in the 70s

sharonxxxx

Ha Memories, remember the Monorail and Chairlifts. The free funfair. I remember the 'giant' at the entrance to the funfair and The Gaiety Theatre.

god the monorail i remember when we was once on that and it broke down we was stuck on it for bloody hours and i remember it was such a hot day i remember crying for a drink xxx anyway to compensate we got our tea for free that day lol xx

Winthorpe, Linga Longa & is it Hewisons Shop? .................

The Lookout pub used to be up that way, my mum worked there for a while, when her & dad lived facing Cherry Tree pub. We've had many happy times out there, it's our second home. We're just arranging our next visit to Butlins, the Rock n Roll break next month. We always go to the 60's weekends & absolutely love it! Anyone been to the Rock n Roll one? It will be our 1st time to it, so not sure if its any good?

Sadly, the giant, monorail and chairlifts are no more. Can anyone remember the chairlifts at the "small fair" at the other end of Skegness? They took you virtually out to sea!

i do verry well we used to get that boat thingy from one end of skeggy to the other just to pass half hour on then go to the mini funfair at that side i used to love the chair lifts becuase in them days it was all about i was brave enough to go on xxxx i was scared of rides ................ how things change ill try anything now ,even once did a bunjee jump lol :loopy:

We went there when I was about 3 or 4 in the late 60's. We also went to Butlins Filey - they also had a hawaiian room with some sort of tropical storm every hour on the hour. I can still remember the music that used to play when the storm finished!

My parents have all the photos as slides, but If I can get them scanned I will post them on here. We also went to Derbyshire miners in 1971 & 72 - We've got some pictures taken in there too!

Is it Derbyshire Miners that's been flattened then?

We went back to Butlins in 2003 and took the kids, the place was filthy, and no monorail or chairlift - the two things I was looking forward to!

eeeeee Butlins, late 60's. All the young men in a row of chalets, all the young ladies in the row opposite. All the well worn paths between the two rows. And the chalet searches at night by the thugs who worked as security. They had a big wheel with cages, and you pulled a handle that locked the cage so you went upside down as the wheel turned. Great in the afternoon after a few pints in the Hawaiian Ballroom. Hi de Hi

Archived