Sportsman Pub Cambridge Street To Let

goldenfleece

just seen this on Fleurets web site, to let. I thought that they were pulling down this block shortly? Anyone know?

If not, anyone fancy taking it on? It has somewhat lost its rock market base due to the Nelson, but has some potential I guess. lovely old building.....

Originally posted by Strix

Would it be big enough to house the CRB?

Well its not that big really. With a band in there at the back there really would be no room at all. I dont think it would appeal to them, especially as the guide rent is 35,000 per annum without considering the ingoings (fixtures and fittings etc). I think they have put a very high guide rent on this, probably as its so near the Division Street/West Street circuit.

If I had the money and the business acumen I'd be a Pub Landlord.

Oh well, maybe one day I'll take over the Sportsman here in Stannington, chuck all the chavs out and get some respectable clientele in.

Originally posted by Rich

If I had the money and the business acumen I'd be a Pub Landlord.

Oh well, maybe one day I'll take over the Sportsman here in Stannington, chuck all the chavs out and get some respectable clientele in.

Hehe, if you have any sense you will stay right away from the trade Rich. :D

The only saving grace is that it is a cash positive business and there are hundreds of ways of scamming your brewery (if you're tied trade). The wages are rubbish and the profits are worse.

That's why so many pub landlords tend to be... umm... putting it gently... not those people with either money or business acumen.

;)

Archived