Do Teachers wanting to marry in term time get 1 day off or more?

If they're restricted to no more than six weeks' total holiday like "every other person in the world," then yes, they should be so allowed.

Not in my opinion - don't most people just choose the first day of their fortnight's holiday, and do it then? Or ask for three weeks as this is a special year? (and see if permission is granted or not)

Teachers aren't special!

Some have special needs though.

Happy Helper, with your question you've appeared as Daniel in the lions den which is perhaps unfortunate for a new member. I hope you'll grow to like us a bit more. We're not really this unfriendly :)

Happy Helper, with your question you've appeared as Daniel in the lions den which is perhaps unfortunate for a new member. I hope you'll grow to like us a bit more. We're not really this unfriendly :)

I agree! Sometimes, some of us are too quick to jump onto a well-worn bandwagon. I don't usually - but I'm sorry in this case for responding to other posters' responses, rather than keeping your question in mind.

As Tony says, Sheffield Forum is usually informed, informative, and friendly.

Good luck with the forthcoming wedding!

:)

I#m really happy there is a real mix of replies because everyone feels differently about this subject.

As it happens, I think teachers are expected to marry in the school holidays but why should they????

It seems they only get 1 day off to get married and it can take a short time maybe for a small wedding and longer for bigger.

As it happens, we are going to get married at the registry office with two witnesses (friends), we will then have a drink and meal with them locally and then take off to a nice hotel to relax etc..

If my teacher h2b has to be back at work because he only gets a day, then its a bummer if you are away in a hotel...see what I mean. It doesn't seem fair to plan your wedding day in the school holidays.

As for friday and saturdays, yes that seems easier but if you need to plan a wedding within a time scale and all the fridays and saturdays are taken up, you have to have a weekday.

It can take away your personal preferences even more...

I think week days are quieter and you can get better deals at hotels etc... in the week.

Anyway, thanks all for your input, advice and opinions. Greatly received!!!! :)

:)

Archived