Do Teachers wanting to marry in term time get 1 day off or more?

Not in my opinion - don't most people just choose the first day of their fortnight's holiday, and do it then?

If they had the same leave entitlements as most other workers, they could do that. Since they get large amounts of holiday but at times not of their choosing, they can't.

Which was kind of my point.

If they had the same leave entitlements as most other workers, they could do that. Since they get large amounts of holiday but at times not of their choosing, they can't.

Which was kind of my point.

they dont get lots of holidays. they have a shorter working contract than most others.

i dont know a teacher yet who doesn't work more unpaid overtime than most people and work through the "holidays."

i can't believe any one is actually naive enought to think teachers get 6 weeks to sit on their behinds.i know a teacher who has only not "worked" for one day during the half term. when was the last time the "working man" decide to do 4 days work during shutdown.

it's the same argument for parents wanting to take kids on holiday during term time.

purely a financial argument , i think a teacher expecting time off in term time would be a bad example . one day fair enough , you could even invite your class to the service and ask them to do an essay on it .

they dont get lots of holidays. they have a shorter working contract than most others.

i dont know a teacher yet who doesn't work more unpaid overtime than most people and work through the "holidays."

i can't believe any one is actually naive enought to think teachers get 6 weeks to sit on their behinds.i know a teacher who has only not "worked" for one day during the half term. when was the last time the "working man" decide to do 4 days work during shutdown.

i also know a teacher who goes to work for a demolition firm during the six weeks holidays . six weeks holiday pay plus working .it's swings and roundabouts.

they dont get lots of holidays.

All my teacher friends do. Five to six weeks during the summer, two at Christmas, two at Easter, and several others dotted through the year. It's the chief reason why they stay in the teaching profession; God knows it isn't because the work's easy.

If my teacher h2b has to be back at work because he only gets a day, then its a bummer if you are away in a hotel...see what I mean. It doesn't seem fair to plan your wedding day in the school holidays.

Hi HH - only askin' - why doesn't it seem fair to plan your wedding day in school hols? Isn't it just like anyone else would do, vis: plan their wedding for when they're about to take holidays from work? :)

Who would want to marry during the week anyway cos Im sure you wouldnt get many guests turn up as they would be at work. So why on earth would someone want to get married during the week anyway?.

It's always a good idea to read the posts on a thread before posting. ;)

It's always a good idea to read the posts on a thread before posting. ;)

I did thanks and from the quistion the poster is asking about how many days off you can get if you got married during term time. My answer was who would want to as most people will be at work. I think it was a fair reply :rant:.

Archived