Do Teachers wanting to marry in term time get 1 day off or more?

it's the same argument for parents wanting to take kids on holiday during term time.

purely a financial argument , i think a teacher expecting time off in term time would be a bad example . one day fair enough , you could even invite your class to the service and ask them to do an essay on it .

It's an entirely different argument. Kids are going on holiday, not getting married. I don't think anyone would agree with penalising children for taking a day or two off in term time in order to attend important family events such as weddings or funerals. If a teacher is getting married they should be able to do so when they like as long as they plan it sensibly (i.e. not immediately prior to GCSE's etc.) as it's a once in a lifetime event (for most).

Teachers also don't get as much holiday as the pupils, despite what many parents like to think because it's more convenient for their argument.

• 2 years later...

I was a teacher and I had time off to get married-my fiancee lived in Samoa and we had our honeymoon there.It was an educational visit fully funded by the council to promote international ties.We did have to pay our own hotel bill

Mia Cheater

Archived