The Norton ( Meadowhead )

Nutbrown

Hey there, Just thought i'd tell you that me and my girlfriend went out to this pub, it was awesome.

I ordered a mixed grill, she had a lasangne and both the meals were fantastic, and perfectly cooked, they came very fast aswel. Also, at £1.75 a pint you can't complain!!

Just thought i'd let you know and see what other people thought of it,.. we're going back there soon!

I’ve been down there on Friday teatime with the kids (out by 7:00 and 1 glass of wine only as I am a responsible parent!)

Good pub food and the special offers keep the price reasonable.

No specific children’s menu but smaller portions are on offer which are suitable.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Only a couple of things changed.

They have a new menu with some offers on, I think two for £5 or something and it's very nice. I must say though the mixed grill is fantastic.

Only problem we've had recently is that the waiting staff have been a bit enthusiastic, sometimes feels like literally you have to guard the food you're about to eat before they take it off you. Also be careful with the children and time they can stay till.

Other than that, it's a great pub and the food is fantastic :-)

well we went last night, i had the mixed grill so did my partner. service was quick but there was only one waiting staff and she was so clumsy she walked into my sister in law with some cups, one of my sausages fell off the plate and she never said! alot of our orders had mistakes on. the person behind us also complained because he touched the plate and burnt his finger! apart from that was a nice little pub and cheap but i suppose you get what you pay for!

Me and Mrs Moses when in a few weeks ago the place was very grubby to say it has had a refurb not so long ago, plates were left on tables after people had gone, rubish on the floor, tables not wiped, the food was nothing special a bit on the bland side.

The waiting staff didn't have much grace about them, infact a I found them to be a bit rude.

The cheaper beer was about the only draw. The Birley at Frechville is the same chain, I found that a lot better. Friendlier staff too!

Archived