Gleadless Valley named bad area in The Star

TESTPASS

hemsworth junior school is at the top end of gleadless, nearer norton than the actual valley. you getting your edges blurred.

I have lived on the valley for nearly 50 years now and top half of blackstock road not classed as the valley. its at the top.

is a shame what people will think after reading the star. from my house I have the most amazing views. the glorious greenery around here is just beautiful. its a shame some people do not appreciate it and try to ruin it for all of us who do love living here. I have had no problems whatsoever while living here, none and am proud to say I am from Gleadless Valley.

To be fair, the Council are trying to improve the area with increased leisure facilities. Walking the new "Dog Turd Trail" through Cat Lane woods for example is a fine way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

council waste money. they should be aiming towards getting the area better. by cleaning up the area for a start, by coming down hard on nuiscance neighbours, by working with the police to combat gangs and crime, by making a conscious effort to be seen in these areas. the council put in the problems then do nothing when the problems get worse.

hemsworth junior school is at the top end of gleadless, nearer norton than the actual valley. you getting your edges blurred.

I have lived on the valley for nearly 50 years now and top half of blackstock road not classed as the valley. its at the top.

is a shame what people will think after reading the star. from my house I have the most amazing views. the glorious greenery around here is just beautiful. its a shame some people do not appreciate it and try to ruin it for all of us who do love living here. I have had no problems whatsoever while living here, none and am proud to say I am from Gleadless Valley.

Yes, the air is very clean and the views of the woods are lovely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gleadless_Valley

Whether it be from Mawfa Avenue - Ironside road- Blackstock road-Morland road.... it all says GLEADLESS VALLEY in the address, it's an ESTATE (A housing estate is a group of buildings built together as a single development) Therefore we all live on the Gleadless Valley estate!!!!

calm down. think you taking this a bit far now. sezemeseds said that for her (i think) she meant the area she talking about is classed as the valley by the residents that live in that part, like myself, I have always classed the bottom end the valley not the top. from the begining of the estate being built its been thought of that way. looking back it seems sez (??) sorry, is not making an argument out of this but you seem to be. thats just how it is coming across at the moment.

[i was trying to make amends by my last post but obviously by the remark "chill your boots" you didnt read it.

was going to go on but why bother. I know what the valley is to me and my family as do you and many others blondie blue.]

by that remark by sez it seems she not disputing anything but saying how she feels. think about that. lets not fight amongst ourselves. we all on the same side here. we fight out not in. :)

Lol....arguments aside, was wondering if they ever got that statue back, that got pinched from Hemsworth juniors a few years ago. The school site is probably a housing estate now for all I know. Was a little girl wih a dog.

Actually the school sight does have plans to have homes built for the over 50's ...