Forum Meet ups, any happening?

carcrash

They used to happen at the Classic Rock bar on Ecclesall Rd. (opposite the Brewery/Waitrose) but I think that a boom in business has made scheduling a bit of a headache. Perhaps a few people could get together and form a "meet/p*** up committee" ?

Originally posted by Deejay

Try organising one mate :clap:

I'd agree with deejay there. I've only been to one and had a good night. We started at Fagans which was kinda a good choice as its small so you can pick people out a bit easier. Problem may be that not everyone turns up, chicken out or doesn't realise at first there are other 'SFers' in the pub (and I speak from experience..)

Originally posted by kdrummond

Count me in!

Posted note: looking for 'Chums' to bum around Sheffield with and as a 'newy' to the town / forum open to any ideas, that means I don't have to sit watching 'the box' again!

Help! It may get to the point - of joining a gym!

Sounds like you may need the services of SandraSpice.

Spice is that a club where you have to pay an annual membership, then pay for a organised event, eg. bowling!

Not knocking bowling but I just want to get dressed up, get blathered (occasionally), dance my socks off - poss, then eat a fab bag of chips, etc.

On the other hand I would like to meet a chum to have coffee and chats.

Pm, females up for it!

Originally posted by Geoff

They used to happen at the Classic Rock bar on Ecclesall Rd. (opposite the Brewery/Waitrose) but I think that a boom in business has made scheduling a bit of a headache. Perhaps a few people could get together and form a "meet/p*** up committee" ?

Your buddy Kirky would be the ideal chap to organise it Geoff . ;)

Originally posted by kdrummond

Spice is that a club where you have to pay an annual membership, then pay for a organised event, eg. bowling!

Not knocking bowling but I just want to get dressed up, get blathered (occasionally), dance my socks off - poss, then eat a fab bag of chips, etc.

Erm, apart from the usual parties and nights out, yes.

And you've a better chance of finding somebody with common interests if you're doing something, erm... interesting.

Unless, of course, you only like going out and getting 'blathered'. But so do many others. :thumbsup:

I was only trying to help. :sad:

Archived