Sheffield Boys Football under Dick Bates

Where are all the lads now from Sheffield Schoolbooys Football Team under Dick Bates. The only names I can remember were, Chris Turner, Nigel Night, Paul Fisher, Gary Moore, Simon Stainrod, Marc Ramsden(Rammy), Mark White(Percy).

maybe somebody can help me remember a few more. In 1973 we went to Canada to play in a tournament with some of the year above us as well. Raymond Storey, Kevin Lancaster, Tommy Mowbry

Where are all the lads now from Sheffield Schoolbooys Football Team under Dick Bates. The only names I can remember were, Chris Turner, Nigel Night, Paul Fisher, Gary Moore, Simon Stainrod, Marc Ramsden(Rammy), Mark White(Percy).

maybe somebody can help me remember a few more. In 1973 we went to Canada to play in a tournament with some of the year above us as well. Raymond Storey, Kevin Lancaster, Tommy Mowbry

gary is still going strong can be found in pubs up handsworth .

Is Gary still playing? Alan Moore was another from around that area of Handsworth as he went to Beaver Hill I think. Is he still around? Johnny Cavill sa well.

gary does not play anymore,but he was manager of a few local pub sides and did a very good job,johnny played for him for a while,dont know about alan.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I just read this post about the Sheffield boys coming to Canada. I am one of the players from Winnipeg, Canada who came to Sheffield and also hosted the Sheffield team that came over around 1973. I billeted Ray Storey and Chris Turner. I remember Simon Stainrod as well.

If anyone is in touch with Ray or Chris (or any of the other players) say hi from me - Art Hollloway. I am long away from football, but remember those days as some of the finest!