Last Laugh Comedy Club

onoff123go

My one main gripe is the amount of people you squash into the room once everyone is sat down you can not move it is very uncomfortable and annoying, plus having to queue at the pitifully small amount of toilets for 1/2 hour+ each time wasn't appealing either:mad:

There were 16 in our party and all of us were disgusted at the situation.

It's a fine line with the spacing between tables. On one hand everyone needs to be comfy, on the other hand we need to make sure that there aren't great gaps everywhere as it is easy to lose the atmosphere. I'm sorry you were uncomfortable, if you'd have told us we'd have tried to help, or move your party to the balcony.

The ladies toilets are sometimes difficult, but there is little we can do about them. Safe to say there are enough to satisfy the licensing people, and the venue is licensed for three hundred more people than were in last Friday. Whatever, we certainly would not want anyone to wait over half an hour for the loo. In fact, none of the intervals on Friday night went over twenty minutes.

Let's see if we can look after you better. PM me the name you were booked under, and where you were sat, and let me invite your party back for a second look.

After visiting the club on Saturday, my honest opinion is that although the lineup was as strong as ever (the last comedian.... forgot his name..... was fantastic) the venue wasn't as good as I had hoped. Maybe it's becaue I was 'up in the gods', but didn't feel as much part of it as I did at Ponds Forge. If I go again, I'll make sure I'm seated on the floor or i wont book the tickets.

I'm a regular at the comedy nights in Sheffield (and other cities) and they deserve all the success they have had. I can’t fault the Lescar, i can honestly say I’ve never had a bad night yet and I’ve been a LOT of times. Of course you get the usual people who like to chat while the acts are on but that just can’t be avoided.

It’s the first time I’ve been to the new venue at the memorial hall and in my opinion it wasn’t as good as the Round House. The atmosphere just wasn’t the same. The comedy was up to the usual standards just the venue lets the night down.

We were in a party of 12 sat at a table for Saturdays gig and here was what we/they thought.

Positive:

Great acts (very funny)

Nice looking venue

“Finger food” was surprisingly good (considering it’s not supposed to be a 5* meal)

Negatives:

Right from walking in everything was very strict not very relaxed.

Bar staff were verging on useless. Wrong drinks, over charged at almost every visit to the bar, fridge items not re-stocked so ran out.

Toilet queue’s were ridiculous, even the men’s. You had to wait for anything between 5-15 min’s (and yes that was the gents as well as the ladies).

I would still go back but I’m afraid some of our party were disappointed but at the end of the night it wasn’t a “deal breaker”. Everyone had a great night and I would always recommend going.

My only comment that differs from the rest of the party is due to my own fault more than anything. Because I go regularly I know just about all of Toby’s act. Of course I don’t expect a brand new act every visit especially if the vast majority of people haven’t been before but it does let the night down slightly for me. Toby’s at his best if he’s being heckled.

Keep up the good work Last Laugh.

I'm a regular at the comedy nights in Sheffield (and other cities) and they deserve all the success they have had. I can’t fault the Lescar, i can honestly say I’ve never had a bad night yet and I’ve been a LOT of times. Of course you get the usual people who like to chat while the acts are on but that just can’t be avoided.

It’s the first time I’ve been to the new venue at the memorial hall and in my opinion it wasn’t as good as the Round House. The atmosphere just wasn’t the same. The comedy was up to the usual standards just the venue lets the night down.

We were in a party of 12 sat at a table for Saturdays gig and here was what we/they thought.

Positive:

Great acts (very funny)

Nice looking venue

“Finger food” was surprisingly good (considering it’s not supposed to be a 5* meal)

Negatives:

Right from walking in everything was very strict not very relaxed.

Bar staff were verging on useless. Wrong drinks, over charged at almost every visit to the bar, fridge items not re-stocked so ran out.

Toilet queue’s were ridiculous, even the men’s. You had to wait for anything between 5-15 min’s (and yes that was the gents as well as the ladies).

I would still go back but I’m afraid some of our party were disappointed but at the end of the night it wasn’t a “deal breaker”. Everyone had a great night and I would always recommend going.

My only comment that differs from the rest of the party is due to my own fault more than anything. Because I go regularly I know just about all of Toby’s act. Of course I don’t expect a brand new act every visit especially if the vast majority of people haven’t been before but it does let the night down slightly for me. Toby’s at his best if he’s being heckled.

Keep up the good work Last Laugh.

My feelings exactly! Especially about Tobys act. The man is a natural comedian, but I've been about a dozen times now (although it was the first time for me at the new venue on Saturday) but that is the fourth time I've heard the routine about the birth of his baby girl. I still found it very funny because of the way he told it. He is at his best when he is interacting with the audience. What I like about him is that he never pushes it. If he sees that someone isn't going to play ball, and may take it the wrong way he backs off and moves onto someone else! Think a lot of comedians could do with learning that beause I know some people who the thought of being picked on by the comedian puts them off from attending.

• 1 month later...

Archived