Hello to all the Expats and Memories group

vhopkinson

Hi there! Just wriiting a line to say "hello" to all I spoke to last year. I certainly had some fun with it all.

Have not used the puter much due to some ill health in the family . I hope I can catch up with you all and continue to read all the interesting mail. Hello to Hazel and Kirby Owdlad and all the gang. I really missed reading all the news old and new. Best wishes to you all for 2005

Regards. V. Hopkinson

Hi,

I think owdlad,

that Vera is already warm, and it's summer there so is prob trying to escape it.

Hi Vera I woneredwhat had happened to you I hope whoever was ill is better now.

Lucky you, all those back posts to read

Hazel

Originally posted by hazel

Hi,

I think owdlad,

that Vera is already warm, and it's summer there so is prob trying to escape it.

Hi Vera I woneredwhat had happened to you I hope whoever was ill is better now.

Lucky you, all those back posts to read

Hazel

Hangs head in shame :( I had forgotten where Vera lived, it's my age you know dear :(

Guest poppins

I know I won the title for the oldest Forum member ( I don't think anyone else wants it ) But I don't feel an old dear yet

Just checking that you were on your toes owdlad and keeping up with me.

Hazel

Hazel

Maybe Veras older than you ? I think she came back to claim the crown, bet she wasn't ill at all, it was good timing don't you think ?

Anyhow, yes we always had a nice dress on for whitsuntide, but my frien and i use to go and show off our new clothes to people we didn't even know and get sixpences from them, just in the local area of course, just use to knock on their front door and show them our dress, they never even hesitated, just gave us money.

Guest poppins

Hi Poppins

I think you may be right about the crown, my heads getting too big for it anyway and it has a habbit of falling in the soup when I move my head, don't know how the queen manages..

Hazel

Hazel i think someone brings the soup up to her mouth .

Originally posted by poppins

Hazel i think someone brings the soup up to her mouth .

No she doesn't. She lifts up the plate and slurps it :P

(big silly grin thinking about Lizzie with the crown on slurping soup)

Originally posted by poppins

Hazel

Maybe Veras older than you ? I think she came back to claim the crown, bet she wasn't ill at all, it was good timing don't you think ?

Anyhow, yes we always had a nice dress on for whitsuntide, but my frien and i use to go and show off our new clothes to people we didn't even know and get sixpences from them, just in the local area of course, just use to knock on their front door and show them our dress, they never even hesitated, just gave us money.

Before I got my sixpence I had to show my new frilly underwear too. It was all innocenct and no one thought a thing bad about it. These days you would be arrested if you tried to look at a childs underwear. What a sad world we have created !

Archived