Hello to all the Expats and Memories group

vhopkinson

Originally posted by vhopkinson

Hi there! Just wriiting a line to say "hello" to all I spoke to last year. I certainly had some fun with it all.

Have not used the puter much due to some ill health in the family . I hope I can catch up with you all and continue to read all the interesting mail. Hello to Hazel and Kirby Owdlad and all the gang. I really missed reading all the news old and new. Best wishes to you all for 2005

Regards. V. Hopkinson

Where in Oz are you V ?

Guest poppins
Originally posted by Banksia

Before I got my sixpence I had to show my new frilly underwear too. It was all innocenct and no one thought a thing bad about it. These days you would be arrested if you tried to look at a childs underwear. What a sad world we have created !

This is SO true, even an inocent person would get arested today for asking that, i never dared lift up my witsuntide dress as i probably had my mucky nickers on, Just Kidding !

Originally posted by poppins

This is SO true, even an inocent person would get arested today for asking that, i never dared lift up my witsuntide dress as i probably had my mucky nickers on, Just Kidding !

I always have to laugh when thinking about my Mother insisting that I always wore clean under pants when I went out " just in case you get knocked down" They would have been in need of cleaning anyhow if I had got knocked over :(

Originally posted by owdlad

I always have to laugh when thinking about my Mother insisting that I always wore clean under pants when I went out " just in case you get knocked down" They would have been in need of cleaning anyhow if I had got knocked over :(

Too much information owdlad !!

But yes, I recall my mother saying the same thing

We were so poor that my underwear was always in need of repair anyway , So it's a good job I didn't get knocked down.

I was very agile, so could have been a gymnast if my knickers had been the sort that could be shown the light of day.

So one failed career down the drain.

Hazel

Originally posted by hazel

We were so poor that my underwear was always in need of repair anyway , So it's a good job I didn't get knocked down.

I was very agile, so could have been a gymnast if my knickers had been the sort that could be shown the light of day.

So one failed career down the drain.

Hazel

So you mean you didn't have the navy blue school knickers in your day Hazel ? What a treat you missed !

banksia

I wore bottle green, with a pocket,

I went to the Convent School, Notre Dame. Straw hat too in the summer.

We were too ladylike to do Games in our knickers so we had to wear dresses with splits up the side. (plus the green knickers with the holes in them )

Hazel

Originally posted by hazel

Quite liked the young lads appreciation,

it was the dirty old men I disliked. Something to do with the uniform I suppose.

Hazel

Errrrrrr I wasn't a dirty old man.........well not then anyhow ;)

Archived